Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter Semester So Far

This semester, I am only taking 6 credits (2 classes - Aural Rehabilitation & Speech Science) and working some more hours at my new job. Blaine is taking 13 credits , working part-time with Devin and also doing an internship with Atlantic Trust through BYU. He's pretty busy while I'm taking it slow. With this extra time, I've been reading like crazy (6 books so far in 2013!) and running. This is going to sound bad, but since I'm only taking 2 classes, I've gotten lazier with school. I procrastinate assignments or studying since "hey, I've only got 2 classes to worry about!". It's a very very dangerous thing. But so far, I've done well on my tests and have midterms coming up again on my birthday week (joy). The semester seems to be going by pretty fast. By the end of this month, we'll be halfway done! My mom and sister already bought their flights to see us graduate. We're so excited!

We attended our last CES Fireside in person at the beginning of the semester. Having these CES Firesides on campus have been such a nice experience. President Utchdorf spoke about truth and how we should seek it. It was a very thought-provoking talk. Even though it was freezing cold and finding parking was nearly impossible, we were grateful that we attended this fireside!




We also went to watch the Heat play the Jazz. Erik and Whitney Snow (Erik is one of Blaine's really good friends and study buddies) came with us. The Heat were playing horribly in the first half and finally decided that they wanted to play the 2nd half, but we lost nonetheless. I think Blaine and I are bad luck. Each time we've gone to a game against the Jazz, the Heat have lost! Regardless, it was still a ton of fun to watch.



Blaine and I went to our first ever BYU womens basketball game. It was free for all students and there was going to be free pizza, too! How could we pass that up? When we arrived at the stadium, Blaine thought I had the dates mixed up because it was seriously empty. But I was right. Poor women basketball players don't get much attention! We had a good time and even took a picture with Cosmo! And BYU won...



One random thing about this semester is that we've been eating at the creamery... a little bit too much. The ice cream is so good and so cheap! Their grille is pretty good, too. If you ask Blaine where he wants to eat on a night out, he'll choose the creamery hands down. I think I've been to the creamery more this semester than I have in all the years I've been at BYU. Yah.


We've also tried to find cheap dates on campus...hence the womens basketball game. The Varsity Theater shows movies for a $1 every once in a while. We watched Here Comes the Boom not too long ago. We had a ton of fun. It is such a cheesy movie (I can't emphasize that enough), but it was funny, uplifting and had a good message. Of course, that date followed with a trip to the creamery...


Matt and Nina came over to watch the Super Bowl with us last weekend. Usually, I like to invite a ton of people over. But this year we weren't feeling up to it. I made our favorite peanut butter cheese ball and had some pizza. Matt and Nina brought Apple Beer! Love that stuff. I'm sad that they only sell it in Utah. We'll miss it for sure! Blaine and I rooted for the Ravens, so we're happy that they won :)



So that's what we've been up to! I'm glad that I've finally caught up on blogging. I hope my most faithful readers (Grandma & Poppy) can forgive me for leaving them post-less for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment