Thursday, February 28, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

I love Valentine's Day. I think it's awesome. My mom and family always did a great job at emphasizing the importance of love on this day. It wasn't a day where I was happy if I had a boyfriend or depressed because I didn't. I also love Valentine's Day because when I see all the red, pink, hearts and chocolates in the stores, it means that my birthday is also right around the corner! :)

Blaine is kind of traumatized with Valentine's Day. I think he feels a lot of pressure because my birthday and our anniversary are all so close together. One year, he tried getting me flowers around 7 pm and he quickly discovered that there were no flowers in all of Provo and Orem. So this year, he bought flowers a day early to avoid that craziness. Blaine's all about effectiveness and logic. He cracks me up. I came home from work on the 13th to flowers and a handmade card from Blaine and Rue. He actually tried using my cricut to make it. And he had Rue sign with a very wet, messy paw (the floor was a mess when I came home!). I was confused at first and thought that I had missed Valentine's!

 
Who can get mad at that face?
 
On actual Valentine's Day, we went out to eat at Molly's (one of our favorite restaurants in Provo) because we wanted to avoid the crazy long waits in all of the other restaurants. The food was great, as always and we tried their carrot cake for the first time - so good. After, we were supposed to go to Provo Beach Resort and play a round of golf on their cool simulators (my gift to Blaine), but we were so full that we decided to leave that for another day. We ended up at the Nickelcade and had a fun time. We had never been before and we both love playing arcade games. Random fact about me: I love Mrs. Pacman. I have played till I've gotten blisters!


Some goodies for Blaine.

 

Our 4th Valentine's Day together.


 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment