Wednesday, February 6, 2013

While We Were Gone...

Rue stayed with our friends, the Buhlers. I was SO SO sad to leave her. Literally, it broke my heart. This was going to be the first time that we were away from her for such a long period of time. She was the only reason why I wanted to return to Utah. But Cait was so good and kept us updated with lots of pictures and videos. We even Facetimed with Rue on New Years! (I know, we sound like ridiculous dog-lovers...we are). Rue seemed to be having a blast with her new friend, Tess and baby Chloe. She loves other dogs and kids, so I'm sure she had a great time. She also learned a couple new tricks that Doug, the real dog whisperer, showed her. Knowing that she was being so well-taken care of made us a lot less nervous and worried, compared to having her boarded at some place where she would've gotten no individual attention or exercise.


I stole all these pictures from Cait, but they are too cute not to share.

Their first night together. Exhausted already.
Apparently, Chloe loved to play in Rue's crate. Isn't she cute?
Cait said that Rue was so good and adorable with Chloe. That made me so happy. We don't have kids yet, but when they come I want Rue to be good with them!




Cuddling and sleeping
This is my favorite picture of them. They really became good friends! When we returned, I was afraid Rue was going to be devastated to leave her new buddy. 


Rue was super happy to see us. But as soon as the excitement of seeing us wore off, you can tell that she missed having another pup around. She would just lay around looking gloomy. It was so sad. 

Tess was also pretty sad when Rue left!
Even though I felt bad for Rue, Blaine wasn't successful at convincing me that we "need" another dog :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment