Thursday, February 28, 2013

I'm 23!

My birthday this year was a lot of fun. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday, except for maybe getting a better score on my midterm. Yeah, I had to take a test on Friday (a day before my birthday) and Saturday morning. Can you believe it? At least the testing center was nice and gave me this pencil...



On Friday, Blaine took me to see The Sleeping Beauty by BYU's Theater Ballet. It was a lot of fun for me - not so much for Blaine. Blaine actually appreciates the arts and dance, but I think theater ballet was too slow for him. Anyway, I have always wanted to watch The Sleeping Beauty and Blaine needed to learn the story since she is my favorite princess. The dancers did a good job, but it wasn't anything out of this world. But the live philarmonic band was amazing!



On my actual birthday, Blaine took me to Kneaders for breakfast. Kneaders is my favorite breakfast spot in Provo. That afternoon, we went out to lunch with Matt and Nina at Station 22. We had never been before. It was a totally, cool, yummy and hip place. I'm sad that we only have another 2 months to get back there. We ordered the chicken and waffles (a first for me) and it was really good! The rest of their menu was really original. I wanted to order everything on there. 


At night time, Blaine took me for a quick shopping trip at City Creek with all the gift cards I got for my birthday. We had dinner at Magleby's Fresh (another new place for us) and came home pretty early to relax! It was a great day. Of course, the texts, phone calls, and birthday packages from family and friends made it even better! 

Gifts from my family!
Another random fact: I love pistachios :)
Sunday night, Blaine attempted to throw me a surprise party. I knew something was up when he wanted to clean the house and starting chopping vegetables while I was upstairs. He spilled the beans finally and I helped him set up. He did a great job though. A ton of our friends came and I hadn't had so much fun in a long time. While all the girls were talking in the kitchen, we realized that the guys were all breaking it down and playing Dance Central. Some of these guys are usually very shy and would never do such a thing. It was so fun to watch. They were having a great time, laughing their heads off and sweating quite a bit! 



I wish I would've taken more pictures. They were out of control...
I love my friends!
Stevensons, Slaughs, Monsons, Dawsons,
Steve & Mechaella, Simmons
Thanks to everybody who came to wish me a happy birthday! It wouldn't have been the same without you guys! And a big thank you to Blaine for throwing me this party! I love you babe! 

For my birthday gift, we bought flights to Florida to visit my family and run the Disney Princess Half Marathon! More on that soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment