Thursday, February 28, 2013

Miami & Disney Trip Part I

We left for Florida Wednesday early in the morning. We were so excited to take a break from school, work and the cold weather. It was weird packing short-sleeved shirts and shorts. We had a layover at Dulles airport in DC. There, we tasted Potbelly's for the first time. We've heard of them before from our friends and family who live in Texas. It was so good! The best part was their ice cream cookie sandwich. It was huge. I'm a sucker for ice cream sandwiches (or anything with ice cream, really)!


On our 2nd flight, Blaine ended up sitting next to this super nice businessman. They talked the entire way. I slept and read without speaking a word to Blaine the entire flight. This guy was a Harvard MBA graduate, Iron Man finisher (he has ran several), and was just the nicest guy you'll ever meet. He had a lot of advice to give to Blaine regarding the finance world, maintaining a work-life-family balance and his career. They did not stop talking about all this finance stuff that I barely understood. It was one of the most pleasant airplane rides we've ever had. I love it when you meet random strangers that remind you that nice, decent people exist in the world!

We were greeted at the airport by my tia, Ulises, Uli and Yuyo. It was so nice to get hugs and kisses from them. I can't ever get enough it. At their place, Georgina had cooked up a real Cuban feast for us - with extra yuca made especially for Blaine. She is so sweet to us.

The next day, Blaine woke up feeling pretty sick. He ended up having a stomach virus for the next 2 days or so. He was in bed all day while he watched me eat yummy Cuban food. Poor guy. While Blaine was sick, my mom worked on our costumes for the half marathon. She worked on it all day until 3:30 am. Needless to say, they turned out awesome. I was so petrified of getting Blaine's virus since I had to run on Sunday, but thank goodness a miracle occurred and I'm still healthy today!

She didn't want me to take a picture of her :)
We left for Disney on Friday, a little bit later than expected. We were all exhausted and we weren't planning on going to a park anymore since Blaine was sick. We made it to Orlando around 6:30 pm, right in time to go to the Fit for a Princess Expo at the Coronado Springs Resort. We couldn't really enjoy the expo a ton, but we picked up our packets, bought princess charms for our shoes and Kim bought me a headband that I needed for the race.


That night, we had dinner at Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. Kim and Jonathan also joined us. The food was pretty good and Blaine was able to eat a tiny bit and keep it down. My family surprised me and ordered dessert to sing happy birthday to me. My name also came up on their big screen. It was really nice to "celebrate" my birthday with them :) I have the best family.

Everybody at our table ordered fried lasagna. 



No comments:

Post a Comment