Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Oklahoma City

***So I wrote this post forever ago. This was supposed to be published right in between the posts about our visit to Idaho and Texas. For some reason, it never did. And for some even stranger reason, I never realized it till now. For record-keeping's sake, I'm posting it anyway. Enjoy.***

We left Idaho and headed to Oklahoma City. We drove straight for a full day. It was exhausting, to say the least. 


As tired as we were, we checked-in to our hotel, showered and headed out to the city. I had never been to Oklahoma before. Our plan was to be there for Game 5 of the Thunder vs the Mavs. But, OKC just had to sweep the Mavs. Lame. 



There were Sonics in every corner. We ran into this huge building (corporate) and it all made sense.

We ate at Toby Keith's I Love this Bar & Grill. It was so good! Blaine had been there before with Stacey, Chris and the kids when they lived in Wichita Falls. For dessert, we had some ice cream at Braum's (they are all over OKC and some parts of Texas). It was surprisingly delicious.


The next day, we checked out of our hotel. We got a sweet deal. It was so nice! 


My favorite part of our visit though was eating breakfast at Whataburger. When we drove across country last time, we ran into one of these. Ever since, we have been wanting to eat there again. They have a honey chicken biscuit sandwich that is just amazing (for being fast food). We love it.


It was fun visiting OKC. It was a fun little city. I wish I had more time to explore it. But I was also anxious to get to Houston! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment