Wednesday, June 27, 2012

End of the School Year

Although summer had already begun for Blaine and I, my little cousins were still in school until the first week of June. It was fun to see them in all of their award ceremonies. 

Ivan plays little league and his team actually won the divisional championships this year. Go Angels!


One night, we were able to attend a school activity of the kids, "Reading Under the Stars." Instead of reading under the stars, we had to go to the school auditorium because it was raining outside. Uli's class sang a song about farm animals. It was really cute. Ivan was already dressed as a tiger (his favorite animal) because it was "animal day" for spirit week. 




There was also a book fair going on. Uli was such a cutie and wanted to get me something. He knows that I enjoy cooking and got me a cookbook. I'm actually excited to try out some of its' recipes! 


Projects of the students were also being displayed that night. I read one of Uli's book that was patterned after Dr. Seuss' style of writing (it was awesome - Damaris did a great job helping him!). I was able to help him with a project on the tiger shark. It was fun being around to help. I wish I could do it all the the time. 

Uli's tiger shark pyramid

Ulisito is now done with the 4th grade. I can't believe he only has 1 year of elementary school left! As always, he received numerous awards. He only missed principal's honor roll for the whole school year because of 1 B grade. 




Ivan is now done with kindergarden. He also got a lot of awards, including honor roll. We were all so proud of him!

One happy kid!
My favorite part of the ceremony was when Uli was announced as the new president of the student council! He had to make a poster and deliver a speech as to why he should be president. He was the only boy running for the position. He won against 5 other girls (by a lot)! I'm so proud of him. I know he'll be a great president next school year!


No comments:

Post a Comment