Thursday, June 28, 2012

Key West

For Easter, my aunt gave us a trip to the Keys! Blaine had never been. We had such a good time. The weather was gorgeous and we were in great company. We stayed at a really cute resort, called The Galleon. 


Papo & Emily by the marina.
The 7-mile bridge
Saturday, we spent the morning and afternoon swimming in the pool and the ocean. 








I love this picture. Too bad I took it with my phone. I think it's hilarious.
That night, we walked around Duval street. Duval street has a ton of little shops and restaurants. It's is the happenin' place in the Keys. We ate at a little pizza shop and stopped for dessert at Mattheessen's for their killer cookies.



Pirate dog!



Eating the Cookie Monster! It was monstrous. 

Their chocolate chip cookies were huge and delicious! 
After our stroll, we watched Game 7 of the Celtics-Heat series. We needed to win this one in order to advance into the Finals. It was fun watching it with my family. Needless to say, we won the Eastern Conference Championship :) 

Uli received a lot of compliments on his Heat sunglasses. 
At midnight, we sang happy birthday to Emily. She turned 16! 




The next day we spent some more time by the pool before checking out. We had breakfast at Denny's and then headed to the southern most point of the U.S. Afterwards, Damaris & I wanted to give key lime pie another try. It was an experience, but I'm still not a fan!




My uncle, Ulises, posing.



On our way back, we stopped at The Whale Harbor Inn for their seafood buffet. This is a place that my family has been going to for years. A trip to the Keys isn't complete without stopping there and eating all the crab you possibly can! It was delicious, as always.


Once we were done, we hung out behind the restaurant for a little bit. Papo, Emily and Uli went looking for crabs, shells, and snails. 





We had a great little trip with my family. I could've stayed for a full week! It was beautiful. I hope it won't be too long till we visit Key West again!


No comments:

Post a Comment