Thursday, June 21, 2012

Beach Days

We went to the beach a lot. And I loved it. I love hearing the sound of the ocean. I love how the water here is calm, smooth, and super warm. I could be at the beach for hours. 

Blaine, Emily, Damaris & Papo

Blaine trying to tan. Keyword - trying. 



Trips to the beach were often accompanied by trips to Lincoln Road. Lincoln Road is such a cool little place. There are a ton of cool restaurants and stores. My favorite part of it all are the street performers and artists. There is this one guy that is ALWAYS there. He has been there ever since I can remember. He is crazy about the 70s. He wears glittery platform shoes and dances to disco blaring from his boombox. It is awesome. Unfortunately, I did not get a good picture of him. But I googled him and found a picture!


This guy sounded like a full-blown drumline ensemble all by himself. He used scrap metal and random items to make music. I loved it! 


This man really left an impression on me. He has no arms and would paint with his feet. Yes. Talk about inspiring. The paintings he created were actually nice and were really artistic. 


Lincoln Road is also home to Romero Britto's art gallery. I love Britto's work. He is so much fun. I love all the colors and shapes. I only took pictures of the Disney princesses I saw but everything he does is just absolutely beautiful. I really like Britto as an artist because he does so much work for charities in Miami and for the city itself. There are huge paintings and sculptures all over the city. He even donated a painting of his for my aunt's advocacy center against domestic violence. 




One day, we stopped for lunch at the Shake Shack. The food was really good. But our favorite part was the dog menu. It is so cute! But as we walked around Lincoln Road Mall more, we realized that almost all of the restaurants are pet-friendly and had water bowls for dogs. We saw dogs everywhere. Midtown was also like this. 




I also went to Lincold Road with Damaris, Tia and the kids one day. They had a casting there for KFC and Little Debbie (they're such cool kids with their modeling gigs). We stopped for lunch at Serendipity 3. They are famous for their frozen hot chocolate. But the rest of the menu looked amazing, too! 


Frozen Hot Chocolate 
Guy Fieri
Rachel Ray
After lunch, Damaris and I went to the beach. The water looked gorgeous that day. I didn't want to leave.


 I also love seeing all the random statues and art across the city. It always puts a smile on my face and makes my day.

Hello Kitty statues at the W

Even though I'll be visiting the beach in Delaware, I will really miss the warm and smooth beaches of Miami! It's as close to the clear, blue Caribbean beaches as you can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment