Thursday, June 28, 2012

Golfing in the Sunshine State

Saying that Blaine golfed a lot during our visit is an understatement. He golfed a ton. He found out about this website called golfnow.com that gives you discounted rates. He was able to get some pretty sweet deals with a cart! 

Blaine took Papo out golfing 3 times. I was glad that they were able to have some bonding-brotherly time. Papo had never been golfing before. I didn't think he would like it, but he did! He's actually pretty good, too. By the 3rd time he golfed, he made 4 pars in 18 holes. 




I love these two. 
Blaine also worked on getting his official GHIN handicap. Now he can start working a little bit more seriously on his game and participate in small tournaments. Blaine played his first local tournament and placed 4th out of 30 men. Not bad for his first time! I was so proud of him. 


One day, we took Uli golfing with us. I was surprised by how much fun he had. People usually think golf is a boring sport. This little guy loved it. He played through 9 holes and sat out on the rest. 

It was really hot. 
But I think his favorite part was driving me around on the golf course. I can't believe he's so big! I had such a good time with Uli. 





This is a shot of the golf course Blaine played the most. The Miami Springs Country Club was right by my aunt's house. We could walk and bike to it. I thought it had a lot of character and classic Miami charm. 


Golfing in Florida was a lot of fun. Blaine enjoyed seeing golf stores and courses everywhere. I felt like he definitely experienced why Florida is the golf capital of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment