Wednesday, June 20, 2012

May Babies

In May, we celebrated Bruce and Damaris' birthdays. As a family, we ate dinner at a very "hip" place in Midtown. It's called Sugarcane. We had our own little corner. It was actually labled "Mi Esquinita." It was a tapas-style restaurant. We had to order many different plates and we all shared. I felt like I was eating food that chefs made on the show Chopped. It was very fancy! We had a great time. 









The next day, we went to the beach. The Hoffmanns surprised Damaris there. They brought her Misha's cupcakes (featured on Oprah). Having so many cupcakeries around us in Provo, I wasn't sure how much better cupcakes could be. But I was so wrong. They were delicious (and cute)! 




That night, we had a big birthday celebration at Perricone's. There were close to 30 friends in attendance. The food was delicious. Blaine ordered pasta that had filet mignon. I thought it was a weird combination, but it was the best pasta I've tasted in a long time. We ended the night with Claudia's famous chocolate chip cake (single guys, this one's winner!). 


It was so good to be here for their birthdays. I love Bruce and Damaris so much. They are some of the nicest people that I know. Bruce is hilarious and always in a good mood. Damaris is so loving and is always there for me. I'm so grateful to have them in my life. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment