Friday, October 5, 2012

Trip to Urgent Care

Yesterday, Blaine decided to take a break from studying and play some basketball. Well 30 minutes into his break, he hurt himself (of course). This is so Blaine of him. He rolled his ankle pretty bad. He thought he broke it at first because it was much more painful than all the other bazillion times he has rolled his ankle. So I had to leave my class early to pick him up and make sure he was OK. Immediately, I thought we should go to urgent care to just make sure that it wasn't broken. He was in a lot of pain and was shaking a little. But my dear husband hates going to hospitals or anything close to them, so he resisted. I iced it, elevated it, and gave him some medicine. 




Accident-prone Blaine
After 3 hours of icing, it still wasn't looking too good. So I convinced him to go to urgent care. His argument was that they aren't going to tell him anything he doesn't already know - ice it, elevate it, put it in an ace wrap and don't play sports for a while. And that's exactly what they told us. But I just wanted/needed the confirmation that it wasn't anything worse!

Waiting...
I had very different plans for my Thursday night. I had finished 2 big papers and just wanted to relax. I had plans to go to the temple, eat some comfort food, watch some TV, and just do nothing! But I guess that's not what I was supposed to do be doing! Now I have to make sure Blaine doesn't try to do anything crazy or play any sports whatsoever. I think I want to ban him from playing any sports other than golf. The sad part is that he's so good and athletic, but he's so competitive that he pushes himself way too hard. And that's how he always gets hurt. If our kids turn out anything like him and somehow get the crazy gene of my brother (he always gets hurt too), I will need to be a full-time nurse!


Our temple date night turned into an urgent care and McDonald's date! I really shouldn't be complaining. Blaine has to hobble around campus, study, and take a test today! Poor guy!


1 comment:

  1. i will no longer be friends with you if you tell me you got one of those death-trap-wheely-scooter things for broken legs to use on campus... ;) way to be a good wife Daylin!

    ReplyDelete