Sunday, October 21, 2012

DIY Bib Display

When we started running, Damaris said that if we ever really started running 5ks and other races that she wanted a bib display. It's such a cute way to display, organize, and preserve your bibs. She saw some on Etsy, but those can get ridiculously pricey. And come on, most things on Etsy can be made at home (keyword - most). So we decided that I'd make some for us.

It started off a little rough. I decided to paint the letters instead of using vinyl. At first, I created a stencil and tried spraypainting it. Fail. I was so frustrated. I had to recoat the plaque with gray. Not fun. I became slightly discouraged and was thinking about just getting one from Etsy. 


But after I recoated it, I decided to hand paint it instead. It came out MUCH better this time around. I also had to paint the bottom hooks to hold the (future) medals because they were a gold-ish color and didn't look right. 


After I finished the first display, the second one was a breeze. I kept it pretty simple and clean-cut, but I definitely like the look of it. I was thinking of doing a girly one, but I have hope that Blaine will someday run with me. So just in case if he does, I'll want to display his bibs on here too. Bruce has already started running with Damaris. Go Bruce! 


So this was a little project that I did while Blaine was working on a Saturday. He started his jam job again, but this time, he's just doing demos. This will be a lot less demanding than what he was doing before. The only downside is that I miss him a lot on Saturdays! Having projects like this help the hours go by till he gets home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment