Friday, October 5, 2012

Blaine's 25th Birthday

Last Friday, Blaine turned 25. He's a quarter of a century old. Isn't that insane?! He'll be 30 in 5 YEARS! Crazy! Usually, I spoil him a lot throughout the month, making it his "birthday month." But we've been so busy this semester that I really didn't have the time to do that (and he didn't have the time to be spoiled!). So we began his official birthday celebrations on Thursday, by going to Tucano's for his free birthday meal. I was stuffed pretty quickly, and although the food was good, I felt that it was too salty this time! I just sat and watched Blaine eat for a couple of minutes. He really loves Tucano's! 


On Friday morning, he woke up to presents from friends and family (a big thank-you! to all those who sent cards and packages). He received gift cards galore, Blu-rays, video games, Redskins gear, and golf novelty items (the Hoffmann's gave him a golf grilling set) and a bunch of other little things. He loved it all! We had breakfast together (which rarely happens). I made Blaine birthday cake batter oatmeal. He loves anything and everything cake batter and we've been on an oatmeal kick lately. It didn't turn out as pretty as I thought, but he said it tasted great. 


On the day of his birthday, Blaine had to take a midterm for his supply chain and global management class at the testing center. Taking a test on your birthday is no fun, but at least the testing center gave him a free happy birthday pencil! I guess it's not such an evil place. Blaine did well on his exam and got an A. As if taking a test on his birthday wasn't bad enough, Blaine was really sick. He had the flu. I had made reservations at The Chef's Table for his birthday dinner. We have been wanting to go forever. But Blaine just wanted soup from Olive Garden, so that's what we did instead. We were also going to go watch Comedy Sportz - an improv show in Provo. But he really wasn't up for any of it. We stayed home, watched some of our favorite shows, and went to bed early.

On Saturday, Blaine was feeling a little better. I guess it was just enough to go to Fashion Place quickly to pick out his new watch! Blaine received several Nordstrom gift cards from my family. He lost his watch this summer and wanted a nicer one. He was so happy with his watch! We went back home as soon as he got it. When Blaine wants to leave the mall that soon, you know he's sick!


That night, I had planned a golf-themed surprise par-tee for Blaine. It was a lot of fun to prepare. I really enjoy planning parties and just decorating. I was able to use my Cricut for the banner (I have a love/hate relationship with banners) and I think it turned out nicely! Unfortunately, not a lot of people came! I was so bummed and I felt bad for Blaine! At the last minute, a lot of our friends got called in to work or just didn't show up. But of course, Matt and Nina were there as well at Matt and Amber! Bubba and Jesse Jordan also passed by. Blaine really liked all of the golf decorations. He said that he was kinda happy that a lot of people didn't show up because he still wasn't feeling great. So we ended up having a small little party with close friends. We've had junk food (chips and donut holes) in our house since there was so much leftover. We never buy chips and those kind of snacks! But we've had leftover red velvet cake batter ice cream cake from Coldstone! :) We can't complain about that...







Blaine loves Coldstone's cakes!
Make a wish!
Blowing out 25 candles! 
So my dear husband is 25. I feel like the years are passing by so fast! I'm so excited for many more birthdays together and for all the wonderful things we have yet to experience. I felt that Blaine and I were more emotional on this birthday than others. This will be his last birthday in this stage of our lives. There is so much ahead of us that is unknown. But we're both so excited to go through all of it together.

I never imagined that I could be this happy being Blaine's wife and having him for a best friend. My love for him grows each passing day. I consider myself so lucky and blessed. Getting older doesn't seem so bad when you have the love of your life by your side forever! Love you Blaine! 

2 comments:

  1. Love it Pati! There will be many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun party! I love that all of the food as a theme :)

    ReplyDelete