Sunday, October 21, 2012

Last Weekend

Last weekend was a good one...so I better write about it. First things first:  Blaine's sister, Demery, called us Saturday night to let us know that she is engaged! We are SO happy for her and Kevin! This is the last of the Dawson kids to get married. Kevin and Dem are so perfect for each other. We like Kevin a lot and are excited to have him as an official part of the family! They are looking into a fall October wedding. Can't wait! 

He did an amazing job picking out the ring!
We had Matt and Nina over for a yummy roast dinner on Sunday after church. We love having them so close. We hang out with them so much and barely have pictures of us together...so I'm trying to capture some. Half the time we're all looking tired and look like we're wearing pjs. But that's what good friends are all about - being there for each other and not caring about how we look!


Michele was also in town last weekend. She stayed at our place but was in and out visiting other friends in Provo as well. Saturday night, we stayed up till like 2:30 AM (the latest that Blaine and I have stayed awake in forever) watching YouTube videos and just talking. It was a lot of fun to have Michele around. Sunday, she did my nails, eyebrows and she even did my make up for church. Having Michele as a friend is like having a free, personal beauty salon. She started ironing my hair back in high school and has never stopped since then. Other than the couple of months when she was at BYU and I wasn't, having her in SLC is the farthest we've ever lived from each other. I'm glad she spent some time with us! 


While we were talking and hanging out Saturday night, I made these little guys. They're basically free decorations. All you need is a Sharpie, milk jugs, and Christmas lights. They're so much fun to make. Some little neighborhood kids knocked on our door asking for permission to touch them and asked how I made them. They were so cute, and now we have new neighborhood friends. One of the little kids' names was Dawson. How random is that! 



After Michele left and dinner with the Stevensons was done, Matt and Amber (who are getting married in December), invited us over to carve pumpkins and watch a movie. We decided on a simple Jack Skeleton face. I love Jack Skeleton and have always wanted to do this. I was so proud. Growing up, I never really carved pumpkins because I thought it was nasty. This is like my 2nd year carving pumpkins (no lie). So this is a big deal for me. But Amber's pumpkin was amazing and she wasn't even done by the time we left. She was etching a face into the pumpkin. Super. Cool. She's so talented. I need to get a picture of her finished product. It was that good and she was only halfway done.



Even though I miss my Floridian friends a lot, I'm so grateful for the lifelong friends that we do have in Provo!

No comments:

Post a Comment