Friday, September 7, 2012

Washington D.C. Temple

On our last Wednesday in Delaware, we went to Washington D.C. to do a session at the temple. Initially, this is the temple where I thought we were going to get married. It is just so beautiful. We had never been together and it was about time. This is actually my first session in a temple not in Utah. We made it just time for a session and ended up being the only people in the session. The temple workers treated us like royalty. They wanted to know our names, where we were from, how long we've been married, etc. It was such a different experience from doing a session in Utah where the temples are always packed!

The actual session was great and it was so good to finally go to a temple after not going since April. Once you live 5 minutes from a temple, you really get used to being able to go all the time. I really missed that this summer!



Isn't it gorgeous?
Forever and ever
Angel Moroni

Temple grounds are always blooming and perfect
When we were done at the temple, we headed to Georgetown for some dinner. I had never been to this part of D.C. before. I liked it a lot! We ended up eating at Serendipity 3. I went to the one in Miami for lunch with my sister and Tia, but Blaine missed out. So it was good that we ate here. It was so good! I got the same High Heel Pump sandwich that I had last time. It is that good. It had prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, tomatoes, arugula, pesto and a balsamic glaze. It was huge. And, yes - I ate it all.



Serendipity 3 is famous for their "frozen" hot chocolate. It tastes like just that. It's not creamy like a shake. It's more watery. But it is delicious. Last time, I had a regular milk chocolate one. The flavor was a little to dull for me. So this time, we tried the double frozen hot chocolate. It was perfect. We had to hurry because it was getting late and we had a 3 hour drive home. So we took it to go! We also didn't get to go to Georgetown Cupcakes. We thought the lines weren't going to be crazy but they were beyond crazy. The line spanned across 3 streets. Yeah. Next time. 


We had such a great time in D.C. It was different from our usual historical and touristy visit! Going to the temple, eating delicious food, and being with the one I love are probably the top things that I like to do. It doesn't get much better than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment