Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Beach Days in Rehoboth

So this trip to Delaware, we made it down to the beach quite a bit. We stayed there for a couple of days with Eileen and also went by ourselves. Even though it isn't as warm or calm as the beaches in Miami, Rehoboth Beach has a lot of charm and is beautiful. 


On our last trip there, I actually got in the water. I've been here several times before and it has always been way too cold and rough. Well,  Blaine has been begging for me to do it. And I figured that this would be a good chance to feel the salty ocean water on my skin one last time before heading west. It was very cold and the waves were still big for me, but it was a lot of fun. I just love beaches. 



Of course, we had to have Grotto's Pizza several times. It's just so good! We also had a huge bucket of  Thrasher's Fries. Boardwalk fries are so yummy! You eat them with salt and vinegar. I would've never put that combination together, but it is delish. And a trip to Rehoboth Beach isn't complete with some caramel popcorn from Dollies. The Dollies sign is one of my favorite little things about the boardwalk. I don't know why, but I'm so attracted to it. I love the color and how old school it is. 




Rue came with us each time we went to the beach. She LOVES bean bags and couldn't resist lounging in this huge love sac. Blaine wanted to take it home, but that would've been impossible. So I was kinda bummed that dogs were basically not allowed at the beach ever. They are only allowed during the off-season. So we couldn't take our little Rue for a walk on the beach. While we were in Miami we couldn't take her either since she didn't have all of her shots. But there are tons of beaches that are pet-friendly there!


On one of the trips, I spent the morning and afternoon with Eileen. We went to the beach and went to all the little shops. For breakfast, we went to this fairly new cafe called Cake Break. It was so good! They specialize in cupcakes, but they have a pretty big menu with all kinds of food. The owner was really nice and they really try to satisfy their customers. I had a yummy spinach and feta cheese crescent omelette. I loved it so much that I had to take Blaine there for breakfast. He had an omelette and I had this cute canoli cupcake (I've been kind of obsessed with canoli's lately). It was so good. 


Blaine looking handsome, as always.

We did some shopping at the outlets, chilled without internet at the beach house (feels nice to do that every once in a while), ate at cool little places and just hung out. We had such a good time. We also watched The Dark Knight Rises and yes, it was amazing (I'm a huge Batman fan - Blaine has converted, too). But the best part of heading to the beach was being close to Grandma and Poppy. We were able to see them quite a bit! 

I hope we can get to a beach, any beach, any type of water, at some point while we're out here for 8 more months. 8 more months and we graduate...isn't that crazy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment