Thursday, September 6, 2012

Phillies Game

On August 5th, we went to a Phillies game with Keith, Eileen, Kim, Brian and Tucker to celebrate Brian's birthday. They played against the Arizona Diamondbacks. I hadn't been to a Phillies game before. We tried going to one last year against the then Florida Marlins. But the game was cancelled due to the hurricane. 

The game was a lot of fun. I like baseball, but I'm not crazy about it. Growing up I would go to a lot of Marlins games, but once I got older I didn't follow up with baseball that much. So I guess I'm a Phillies/Marlins fan :)

Love my in-laws!
I love their mascot, Phanatic! I have no idea what he is and I think that's what makes him so much fun. He kind of reminds me of the Heat's Burnie. 

The Phillie Fanatic
With my love
Once we were in the stadium, everybody (and I mean everybody) had a bucket of crabfries. We decided we had to have some. I love fries. The line to get these fries was like a line for a ride in Disney World. No joke. I also realized that the people who sell these only sell crabfries. That's it. There's nothing else on their menu. They stay in business by selling these fries. So I was pretty excited to taste them. They're basically fries with Old Bay seasoning. I didn't think it was anything amazing. They were also probably the most expensive fries I've ever eaten. Was it worth it? I'm not sure. But it was part of the experience.



The Phillies won the game, which was pretty exciting since they've been struggling this year. They've lost a lot of home games, too. So it was great! Go Phillies!


No comments:

Post a Comment