Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tee Times

So let me explain my title. Uncle Ken is so funny, always trying to crack jokes. We went out to dinner at Doyle's with Grandma, Poppy, Aunt Karen, Uncle Ken and Eileen. While we waited for our food, Uncle Ken said "I heard you all had tee times today." And yes, we did. Blaine went golfing with Poppy at the Bay Club, while we went to this totally adorable tea house. So yes Uncle Ken, we did have tea/tee times :)

Blaine and Poppy golfed twice together. Poppy actually had his best round of the year one of those times! Poppy is the reason why Blaine started playing golf and is now, consequently, so obsessed with it. Poppy introduced him to it and bought him his first set of clubs (which are now my clubs :]). They can talk about golf for hours on end. I'm glad they got to play together!



While the guys did their golfing, we had lunch at a tea house in downtown Berlin. I had such a wonderful time! It was the cutest thing I've done in a while. It was fancy - raised pinky status. The food was made so tastefully and all the little details were perfect. The room was decorated with vintage pictures and collectible tea pots. So cute.  I just had to take lots of pictures of every little thing. 


I'm not a huge tea drinker at all, but it was good and soothing. My grandma would make me manzanilla (chamomile tea) when my stomach was upset or when I couldn't go to sleep. It always helped.We each had our own tea pots that reflected which kind of tea we ordered. I had vanilla so my tea pot was a pearly cream. Eileen had an exotic African tea that had a "swampy" name because it was green. So her tea pot was green and had a little green frog on the lid. I remember which kind of tea Grandma had, but not the pot!



The salad was amazing. The only thing I didn't eat was the cucumber flowers. But really, they were so cute I'd have a hard time eating them even if I liked cucumbers.

This was a baked potato soup. Also just so delicious. It wasn't super creamy and had tons of vegetables. Yum.

This little tray was probably my favorite part. It was so so good. We each had 4 little tea sandwiches, a raspberry white chocolate scone with clotted cream that was to die for, a piece of yellow pineapple and mandarin cake, stuffed brownies, and cookies. It was like a roller-coaster ride for my taste buds. The flavors were so perfect.


It was so nice to have some "girl time" with Grandma and Eileen. We talked and enjoyed each other's company. I'm so happy to be part of a family that is so sweet and loves me so much.


Even though we were full, we went to dinner that night with everybody. It was so good to see Aunt Karen and Uncle Ken. They are some of the nicest people that I know.


The next day, Grandma and Poppy treated us to lunch at Phillips Crab House in Ocean City. I had a jumbo crab cake (the best I've had) and Blaine had a soft shell crab sandwich. I had to try it, even though it looked so strange! 


Delicious!
After lunch, Blaine and I stayed at Ocean City to check it out for a little bit. I had never been. But that's another post of its own. At night, we met up and just hung out some more. Grandma and Poppy met Rue, too!

We ate out at a lot of delicious places with Grandma and Poppy. But my favorite had to be the Georgia House. Blaine loves loves loves this place. And now I know why. It's just delicious food and great portions. I was so full. They're most interesting thing on the menu was pretzel salad. I've never had it before. It's this weird combination of pretzels, some sweet cream cheese concoction, and strawberry jello layered. It was delicious! 


On our last trip to the beach, we stayed the night at Grandma and Poppy's. We went for a late lunch/early dinner to Nick's House of Ribs in Ocean City. Again, so good. These people just know where to go for great food! I rarely eat ribs. I don't know if it's because they're messy or they just have to be done right and usually aren't. But this place was great. We all had a half rack of ribs. I had never enjoyed ribs that much! 


We are so grateful that we were able to spend some time with Grandma and Poppy. We are so lucky to have such amazing grandparents. They're just so nice. We love them and miss them all the time! 

Love them.

1 comment:

  1. Pretzel salad... it's so weird and yummy! Love all your pictures! I'm so glad we weren't in DE for the brick-throwing. I'm pretty sure I would've ix-nayed that. It looks dangerous!

    ReplyDelete