Thursday, September 13, 2012

Think Flat

This last Friday, we had the opportunity to attend the opening night of Think Flat, an exhibition at BYU's MOA (Museum of Art) on work by Andy Warhol and Takashi Murakami. One of my best friends and new neighbor, Nina, worked on it during her internship last summer. We went together and had such a great time. There were so many people in attendance. Blaine and I never go to things like this so it was really fun! And we decided that we should do it more often :) 


I took an AP Art History class my senior year in high school and really enjoyed it. I learned a lot and best of all, I learned how to appreciate art. Like I've mentioned before, I really like modern and pop art. And I really like Andy Warhol. So I had a blast! The coolest part about the exhibition was the installation Silver Clouds. It was a bunch of rectangular silver balloons in a room. How fun is that? I thought they were only going to have this installation for the opening night but the MOA is actually blowing up these balloons every single day till February 16th, 2013 (the day the exhibition ends). Isn't that awesome? 

Blaine was going all matrix. 


Andy Warhol's famous soup can 
All of the silkscreens of Marilyn Monroe were exhibited.
This one was my favorite.
Queen Elizabeth
Flowers by Takashi Murakami
At the exhibition, they had cookies, flower balloons, banana pops (referencing to Andy Warhol's banana print) and large Campbell tomato soup cans as centerpieces. It was all done very well. I loved it. I'm definitely planning on going back on a day when there aren't as many people to take a second look at everything.

After the exhibition, we went to Cubby's Chicago Beef, a new restaurant in Provo. It was really good. I ordered a beef sandwich that ended up being spicy but I still liked it. What Blaine and I really liked were their buffalo bleu cheese fries. Again, they were spicy but they were SO good. We'll be going back for sure.


It was a great night with good food, good art, and good friends! Even though we've seen Matt and Nina since we live so close, we actually hadn't gone on an actual double date till last weekend since we've been so busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment