Sunday, July 1, 2012

Kayaking

On one of our last Saturdays, we went to Oleta River State Park to kayak. I really enjoy kayaking and would go quite a bit during high school with my friends and Damaris. This was Blaine and Emily's first time kayaking. Blaine loved it!

So at first, you start off in a little river surrounded by mangroves. After kayaking there for several minutes, it takes you out to the bay. There are always sandbars there. But this time, there were areas where the sand wasn't covered by water at all. It was like a little island. I had never seen it like that before!



My favorite part about this little sandbar are the boats that sell burgers, fish sandwiches, hot dogs, sodas, and ice cream. I think it's so cool that you can kayak, have a snack, and then kayak back! These boats actually have a "delivery guy." They have a young guy make his way around with a cooler in the back of his kayak. It's awesome.


Waiting in line

There were a ton of dogs there. I wish we would've brought Rue!
My beautiful sister & I
Cute Emily with her Spongebob ice cream

Love them
We parked our kayaks and ate some lunch. Papo and Emily dug a little area of sand, filled it with water, and took a nap. These too can never sit still for long. They always have to be doing something! 

Shade provided!

Once we were done swimming and eating, we headed back.

Blaine with the cityscape
Papo, Emily, Bruce & Damaris
I really enjoyed going through the little river and mangroves. It was really relaxing and beautiful. I wish I would've taken more pictures. But I'm glad that we were able to take pictures at all with Blaine's waterproof camera! 



We had such a good time. It really made me focus on working together with Blaine. In the beginning, he was going so fast and out of rhythm that I couldn't keep up. Eventually, we got it together. Thankfully, none of us flipped over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment