Sunday, July 1, 2012

Father's Day

Father's Day this year was nice. Blaine, Papo, and me were asked to give talks at church. Papo spoke about the Army of Helaman and did a great job. Blaine and I spoke on the life and teachings of George A. Smith. It was also nice because Papo blessed the sacrament. During our visit, he was ordained a priest. I love hearing him bless the sacrament!

After church, we went to visit Abuelo to wish him a happy father's day. Then we went to Tia's house to visit Ulises. We just hung out, ate together, and talked. I also played Michael Jackson's dance game with Ivan on the Wii. He is so good! We had a lot of fun.

The grandkids with Abuelo

It was also Blaine's first "Father's Day"- with a dog. Rue really is his baby. She picked out a card just for him, letting him know how much she loves him ;) He has been so good with her - taking her out, taking her in, training her, feeding her, staying up with her if she starts barking - he does it all!




I'm so grateful for the many men in my life who have been like fathers to me. Abuelo introduced my family to the church and made the decision to come to the U.S. - both things that have changed my life forever. Ulises has always been there for me and danced with me the day of my wedding. He has always been the best uncle a girl could ask for. I'm also so grateful to have married into a family with extraordinary men. I love my father-in-law and admire him so much for being such a wonderful man. He raised Blaine right and has been such a good example to him. I'm also grateful for Pop Pop and Poppy and for the love that they have for me. All of the men in Blaine's family have embraced and welcomed me with open arms. Most importantly, I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for always being a loving father to me. At times when I have felt alone, I have been comforted knowing that I do have a Father who cares about me.

I admire those men who take the responsibility of fatherhood seriously - it's what makes them men! I hope all the fathers out there felt special and appreciated on this day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment