Sunday, July 15, 2012

Boston with the Dawsons

Our Friday there, we went to Boston. We had so much fun. I felt like we hit all of the main spots pretty fast for being there one day! It was impressive that we did so much with 3 kids and 3 strollers! 

Riding the T!
So we wanted to start the day off by touring Fenway Park. To our dismay, all the tickets for the day were sold out! We headed to Faneuil Hall and had lunch at the Quincy Market. They had tons of restaurants to choose from.


I had a delicious lobster bisque. Even though it was a hot day, I'm a sucker for soups. And it was so worth it.


After lunch, we began The Freedom Trail. So, you follow this red line around the whole city to see some pretty sweet historical spots. 


My favorite was the site of The Boston Massacre. I loved learning about it in AP U.S. History. 


We visited several old cemeteries and even saw the tombstone of Paul Revere. 


Blaine at Park Street Church

The kids at the burial site of Benjamin Franklin's parents.
Blaine and I at the Boston Commons
To cool off (it was hot), the kids played in the fountains at the Boston Commons. It was such a nice area and huge park. I loved it. And the kids did, too!




We then went through the Public Garden and watched the Swan Boats. They are a huge part of Boston's history. Next time, I definitely want to get a ride! The garden was beautiful. This was probably one of my favorite parts of Boston. 


In front of a statue of George Washington with the city skyline 
We quickly went through Chinatown and saw the Friendship Tower.


We went to the Boston Tea Party Museum, hoping to get on the replica of the boat. But it was $25 for each person, even the kids! 


For dinner, we went to The North End (Little Italy). The Italian food was really authentic. Even though there are Italian restaurants everywhere that are very good, you can tell that this was the real deal. It was delicious. 


For dessert, we went to Mike's Pastry. As soon as you walk into The North End, everybody has a box of Mike's Pastry in their hand. EVERYBODY. No joke. Inside, it was crazy packed. There was no line - just a bunch of people trying to make their way to the front. It was so worth it. We had 2 canolis - one peanut butter and the other cookies n' cream. But those were to take home. We had a Boston creme pie and it was oh so good. I'd go back just to get another slice. 





Riding the T after a long day!
We had a great time in Boston. I liked how there were so many universities and colleges. The environment is one of learning and I just felt smarter by being there (ok I'm kinda joking but not really :]). I just love cities. We liked it so much, that we decided to go on our own another day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment