Sunday, July 15, 2012

Boston - Take Two

So our second day in Boston was a little bit more relaxed. We still did a lot of walking around. But we went off to do a little bit less touristy things. We ate lunch at Bartley's Gourmet Burgers on Harvard Square. It was SO good. I'm not a huge burger fan, but this was the best burger I've ever had. Blaine ordered onion rings with his burger and those were also the best I've ever tasted. And once again, I'm not crazy about onion rings. 



I had the iPhone burger & Blaine had the Mitt Romney.
I don't know what really went behind the naming,
but the descriptions were funny. 

We walked around Harvard and headed over the the Harvard Business School. HBS has like its' own little campus. You have to go over a bridge across from the main campus area to get there. It was gorgeous. Of course, Blaine going here for his MBA would be a dream come true (for both of us). I think this revamped Blaine's motivation to do even better in school this year. 

The HBS library. It was so nice on the inside.
My little finance-face!
After touring Harvard, we got lost. For a while. We had a pass to the T and the buses and that threw us off. We walked a ton till we found the right bus stop for us. It didn't help that both our phones were running low on battery and we didn't want to drain them by using the navigation on them constantly. Once we were oriented, we went to Newbury Street. This is the shopping district in Boston. There weren't a ton of high-end brand name stores, but there were a lot of boutiques. It was nice. After walking there for a while, we went to the Public Garden to relax for a little bit.


We went back to Quincy Market for dinner (we had Regina's pizza) and to watch the street performers. Then we headed over to the theater district to buy our tickets for Blue Man Group. It was my first time seeing them and Blaine's second. I had such a good time. It was such a funny show, even though they didn't saw a word the entire time. It was so creative and interactive. My favorite part had to be when they created a dance party out of drumming-beats, rolling toilet paper, and 4 huge beach-like balls. Random but oh so cool and fun. I would definitely go back and watch it again. I haven't laughed like that in a while.


My Blueman friend :)
By the time this picture was taken, it was 10:00 pm at night and my phone had 3% battery life left. I was bummed that I hadn't charged our phones better and that I left my actual camera at home :/ We took this picture and the phone immediately died. Blaine's went out on us earlier in the day. We had to find our way from the theater district back on the T to our station where we parked. I don't know how people did it back in the day without smart phones! But we made it back safely without them. Take that smart phones!


No comments:

Post a Comment