Saturday, July 14, 2012

Meeting Up with the Idaho Clan in Rehoboth Beach

Although it was crazy and kinda hectic, we planned everything out so that we could see Stacey and the Idaho fam that was visiting Delaware before they left. We drove 16 long hours through the night and made it to the beach house around 2:30 am. We were able to spend 2 days with Aunt Jan, Brock, Mitzi, Mekhi, Aiden and Cage. It was a lot of fun!

As always, Aiden wanted to put on make up and have her nails painted. She is such a fun girl to have around.


Lexi, Connor and Tucker were also there. We went to go catch some minnows and were extremely unsuccessful. The best we did was catching a dead crab. Yuck! 




 Of course, Pop Pop could not let his grandkids down. He bought some minnows (HUGE ones) from a bait store, threw them in the pool, and these boys were catching minnows for hours.



Mekhi was a pro! 

I loved playing with Cage. We jumped on the trampoline, kicked the soccer ball around, and played baseball. He can swing and actually get the ball flying. It was awesome. He's definitely going to be the athletic type. 


The next day, we all went to the beach. I fell asleep for most of the time. I was so tired! We hadn't recuperated from our long drive and almost sleepless night. I was also pretty homesick. I had to wrap myself up in a towel because I was so cold! I didn't even try getting in the water. Blaine got in mainly because he needed to help the kids out.  I'm just spoiled coming from a place where the water is always warm!




That night, we went to the boardwalk. I love this place. It has such character. Blaine figured out how to beat this little game. Mekhi was able to win 3 times. He gave a plush toy to both Aiden and Cage. He's such a good brother! 



Blaine and I stayed a little longer to walk around. We went to Starkey's for some ice cream. They have over 100 flavors! The weather was beautiful and the sky was so blue. We had a great time. 




It was fun being able to see the Idahoans before they left! It was also nice being at the beach house. I can't wait to go back again soon! We still have so much left to do there. Hopefully, we'll spend this weekend there!

No comments:

Post a Comment