Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend Update

This weekend has been a great one. It was pretty eventful. We went latin dancing on Friday night with some friends and went to The Roll Up, the new crepe place, for a late night dessert. I love that place and highly recommend it! The best part is that it's open till 1 AM everyday (closed on Sundays).

Anyway, Saturday was an even better day. We woke up and played 9 holes of golf together at East Bay. This was my first time playing with Blaine since I began my golf class. He said that if I beat him in one hole, he would buy me this cute thing. Unfortunately, I am not that good (yet). But we will be playing at least once a week, so I still have a chance of beating him! We had a lot of fun. Golf is definitely a challenging sport but I enjoy it, especially since it's something I can do with Blaine.

We ate lunch at Sammy's for the first time. We will be returning for their "Famous Pie Shakes." We weren't in the mood for a shake but they looked good. That night, Blaine surprised me with beautiful red roses in a tall, square glass vase. It's funny because in one of my recent posts, I mentioned that he doesn't buy me flowers that often. He hasn't read that post and hopefully he won't. But anyway, I was really surprised and happy. We also watched X-Men: First Class. It was SO good. We had a livingsocial deal that expired today so we had to go to the movies on Saturday. We rarely go to the real movie theater since we have Netflix and the dollar theater near. It was nice to watch a movie when it first comes out and to sit in the nice, comfy, non-dollar-theater chairs. When we got home, we were still super excited about the movie. We hadn't watched the other X-Men movies so we decided to watch the first X-Men movie on Netflix. I know. We're total nerds. It was an X-Men-filled night.


Church was also nice today. Blaine got called as a District Supervisor in the Elders Quorum and I received my visiting teaching assignments. One of my goals is to have 100% visiting teaching and to become these girls' friend...for real. I know that it is an inspired program of the church and one that can greatly bless our lives. Although it may seem awkward at times or even a burdensome task, I know that if we prayerfully approach visiting teaching with an open heart, we will be instruments in the hands of the Lord.

The Heat won their first game in Dallas by 2 points! It was so much fun to watch. I knew it was going to be a close game but I just had a feeling that we were going to win. This week, my sister sent me a Heat barrette that she made and a Heat finals shirt for Blaine. We loved them and will be sporting them tomorrow. Thanks Damaris!



The only bad thing about this weekend was that I got sick (again) on Saturday night. Since November 2010, I have been sick every month except for May. It's the flu. I went to the doctor in April to see why my little body was getting sick so often. I was put on some antibiotics and it helped a lot. But now I'm sick again. So I guess I'll be going to the doctor soon. I feel that I could do more to be healthier. I'll be working on that. It's always so easy to break a good habit and go back to bad ones. Since our trip to San Diego, we've been eating out more often and, consequently, less healthy. We didn't meet our gym goal this week and have been going to sleep late. I saw a commercial the other day that illustrated how making one healthy choice leads to making better and better choices. It's a domino effect. The same can be said about making unhealthy choices. I don't remember what the commercial was advertising but it definitely had an impact on me.

Anyway, I hope I feel better soon and that this week may be a better one than the last!

1 comment:

  1. Everything was awesome except the sick part!! I am so sorry =( I wanna play golf with you and blaine next time =)

    ReplyDelete