Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cream Cheese Pound Cake

I found this recipe via Pinterest on this blog. I confess that I've never made any cake from scratch. But I really love cream cheese and I really love pound cake. So I couldn't let my fears get in the way of making this irresistible cream cheese pound cake. Also, all these blogs and cook shows always have their nice, huge, and brightly-colored Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers. Seeing that makes it a little intimidating for those of us who, unfortunately, do not own those wonderful mixing machines. But I decided that that was no excuse for our ancestors to not make things from scratch so it shouldn't be an excuse for me either! With my little handheld mixer (a Christmas present from my sister), I baked away.

And this was the result...


It doesn't look very impressive or pretty, but it's good. I'm focusing on learning how to make tasty food. Once I get that down, I'll work on the presentation :) 

I was really nervous because I wasn't just baking a cake for the first time but a pound cake. The whole hour and 40 minutes that it was in the oven, I was driving Blaine insane worrying..."is it going to come out good? If not, I'll have to get a Kitchen Aid mixer." Haha. Although I made some rookie mistakes here and there and improvised my sifting using an old steamer basket (I don't have a sifter!), it turned out delicious - not too sweet and very moist, fresh out of the oven. If you like pound cake or any cake period, this is a recipe you want to try! 

1 comment: