Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catching Up

So much has happened since the last time I've posted anything. We took finals, packed, had family visit, graduated, drove across the country, moved, and started new jobs. It has all been pretty exciting and also overwhelming. It has actually been a lot more overwhelming than I anticipated. It's been a huge adjustment. I'm happy to be in Florida, but surprisingly there are a ton of things that I miss about Provo and not just about Provo, but about our life there. I miss having our own place. I miss going to school and working part-time (ha!). I miss having so much time available with Blaine. We went from being together part of the morning and basically the whole afternoon and evening, to being together only on the weekend. Yeah. Even though it has been hard, we are extremely blessed to both have jobs in our field and to be moving on to the next stage in our lives. So please bear with me as I try to keep the blog as up to date as possible!

Before our move, we tried really hard to hang out at least one more time with all of our friends. We went to Comedy Sportz with the Slaughs one night and had a ton of fun. We have only been there with them (they introduced us to Comedy Sportz) so it was fitting that we went there with them one last time!

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Jazz OKC game with Michele. Michele shares our love of basketball even when the Heat aren't playing. It was nice to get up to SLC for one more night with her. I've always been used to having Michele close. It feels weird to be so far apart!

I failed to take a picture with Michele...
We also hung out with the Buhlers to play games and for the pups to hang out one last time. We were also able to see them and several Delawareans at a Delaware Dessert Night that Cait hosted. We're so grateful for their friendship and for all the help they've given us with Rue! We miss them and I know Rue misses Tess & Ace too!

Rue, Ace & Tess drinking out of the same water bowl. It was gone
in 5 seconds. 
One night, Mechaella and Steve came with us to Provo Beach Resort to do the ropes course there. It was tons of fun. I had always wanted to do it. It was actually more intimidating than it looked. But after awhile, it wasn't that scary anymore. We went to The Roll Up after for dessert. I'm so glad that Mechaella is a Florida girl and that we can see each other when she comes to visit!



Blaine was able to go golfing several times with Erik during his last weeks in Utah. I was sad that I didn't get to see Whitney one last time, but I'm so grateful for their friendship, especially with how much Erik helped out Blaine in the business school!

During graduation-week craziness, the Simmons were able to hang out with us one last time before we moved. They met us at Cafe Rio for dinner with all our family. It was so nice to have them around again for our last semester. We missed them when they moved to Memphis fall semester!


And finally, we tried to hang out with Matt, Nina and Luna as much as possible. Having them so close was so so nice. I feel like they're a couple who has been with us since the very beginning and understand us so well. They became like family to us. Their company and friendship will surely be missed most! But I know that we will keep in contact for a lifetime. We love them so much!

Our last night with the Stevensons

No comments:

Post a Comment