Wednesday, April 17, 2013

General Conference & a Case of Hives

We always anxiously look forward to General Conference. But given our current situation of such a different future than what we've been used to, we were really really looking forward to the inspiring and comforting messages given by our modern-day apostles and prophets. Saturday, we watched from home and I went to Star's baby shower with Stephanie while Blaine went to Priesthood session.

Going to miss them!
But Sunday, we were privileged enough to find tickets to go to the first session with Mike O'Day (who just came back from spending 10 months in Madagascar working on his non-profit) and Michele.

 

Unfortunately, we couldn't try to find tickets for the last session. Michele got sick after lunch and my hives got really bad. I got hives late Saturday night, but was still determined to go to General Conference since this will be the last opportunity we have to go in person. I had planned for the Buhlers to watch Rue so that she wouldn't be stuck in her crate all day (thanks guys) and packed an awesome picnic lunch for in-between sessions. I was going no matter what! The itching wasn't that bad thanks to Benadryl, but I still looked pretty bad. I dressed in a long skirt and long-sleeved shirt to keep them unexposed to sunlight. It was pretty warm that day and the heat made them get worse. I guess the clothes weren't as protective as I thought. So we had to take Michele home and head back home to get this situation under control!

My whole  body looked like this
Even though everything didn't turn out as planned, it was still an awesome weekend filled with uplifting messages that I really needed. To listen or read the talks, click here. And Rue seemed to have a blast with her friends Tess and Ace. When we picked her up, she fell asleep in the car and stayed knocked out for the rest of the day!

 
 
We still don't know what caused the hives. We think it might have been some clam chowder soup that I ate Saturday night or exposure to Star's cat at her baby shower (I am highly allergic to cats), but I've never had hives before! Thankfully, they were completing gone by Tuesday. Anyway, it was a great weekend and we got to spend it with a lot of friends! On top of seeing Mike and Michele, we went to Comedy Sportz with Ryan and Kailyn Friday night and Jocelyn and Alec had us over for dinner after conference was over (thank goodness because I really didnt feel like cooking!). So glad that we've been able to hang out with our dear friends before we graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment