Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lazyman Ironman

Last semester, I failed at completing the Lazyman Ironman...and was so bummed about it. So I was ecstatic when I heard that they would be doing it again this semester. I signed up and had much support from Kailyn who signed up as well. If it weren't for her motivation, I don't know if I would've finished it! The Lazyman Ironman is an event where you complete all the events of an Ironman, but in one month. It may not sound that challenging, but it really is! The hardest thing for me to do was the swimming portion. I was so bad! The biking wasn't too hard. But it was just a lot of miles...and I think biking can be pretty boring at times. But anyway, I'm so glad that I finished since this is probably the only form on an Ironman that I will ever do :)

 
The front and back of the shirt.
 
Sidenote, for those of you who wil be staying at BYU, they host an event called Run for Your Life that is awesome. I was seriously excited when I first heard about it and seriously bummed when I was too late to sign up. Anyway, you have an entire semester to run 150 miles...and the best part is that you can win an intramural shirt! Anyone who has attended BYU knows that those are highly coveted. Being that I am not an athletic girl, I never even dreamed of getting one. I was just proud enough when Blaine won one :) But gosh now that I realized I could've gotten one, I am so disappointed! So to save other people any disappointment, run for your life and get that intramural shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment