Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Work

I have really enjoyed working at CompleteSpeech. I love blogging about worthy causes and information. I love trying to figure out how to increase the amount of "Likes" on our Facebook page and followers on Twitter. I love trying to engage our followers with the content I post. I love being part of a small business and being involved in so many details of the company. It really is fun. All of my co-workers have welcomed me and made me feel at home. So when I told them that we'd be moving to Florida and then to who-knows-where after, I was sad to say the least. But they have been so nice as to let me work for them remotely at least until the end of May. One of my projects has been to host a social media giveaway, and that is currently going on right now. So they want me to at least finish that project. Depending on how that experience of working remotely goes and the needs of the company, they might want to keep me around after that!

More good news came to us that very same week when I told them I'd be leaving. I had been applying to several jobs in Miami because I didn't want to be doing absolutely nothing while Blaine is gone. So I applied to some SLP-A jobs and other office jobs. I think that being all the way in Utah and not available for an in-person interview really turned people off. But finally, I was hired by My Speech Theracy Center, Inc. as support staff! I'll be working full-time at an office that is relatively close to my mom's house, 2 miles away from where my Tia and her family lives and really close to where my sister works (meaning hour lunches and quick shopping trips together). I am so excited to work here and start as soon as we're settled in Miami! So far, my boss has been extremely nice and the office seems to be like a fun place to work at (they have 2 company/therapy dogs in the office!).

Even though this whole experience has been pretty nervewrecking and unsettling for me, it is all coming together just fine. I have been able to sense Heavenly Father guiding us. Every time I'd talk to my mom about how stressed, scared and nervous I was, she would always say "Dios aprieta pero no ahoga", meaning that God won't deal you with more than you can handle. I have grown up hearing this since I was small and everytime she has been right.

1 comment:

  1. Such awesome news!!! Congrats!! Now I will get to see you more often ;)

    ReplyDelete