Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Easter in Idaho

For Easter this year, we decided to visit the fam in Idaho. We hadn't visited them at all this semester, due to Blaine's Saturday group meetings and me having to work on holidays. So we REALLY missed them. We had a great time while we were there, as always. It was so nice to just relax and be with family. Blaine got to help Grandmom, Pop Pop and Aunt Jan with some projects, which he loves doing. Of course, we were spoiled by Aunt Jan's awesome cooking. She even taught me how to make a copycat version of the Cheesecake Factory's brown bread. It was so deliciously good.

 

Rusty and Rue played like crazies the whole. She was pooped by the time we left.

Playting tug-o-war
 
 
Can you tell she had fun?
 
On Easter Sunday, we had a lovely dinner and had fun being the Easter Bunny and hiding so many eggs for Mekhi, Aiden and Cage. I also got to see Race. He is such a big baby (sad that I didn't get a picture of him). The egg hunt was tons of fun and the kids were having a blast. This was our first Easter in a long while where we had kids around. It makes it so much more fun.


Grandmom and PopPop
 
So it's hard to believe that that was our last trip to Idaho (at least for now). We do hope to come back for visits or meet up with the Idaho clan when they visit Delaware in the summer. But man, we're going to miss them tons! Even though Declo is such a tiny town, we love visiting there. It has always been a place for us to relax and be loved our family. I'm so happy that I had this opportunity to become close with this side of Blaine's family and to hear all the family stories from the mouths of Grandmom and Pop Pop. I'm so grateful that we've had them near us these past 4 years. Even before we were engaged or married, they always welcomed me and treated me like family! I love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment