Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekday Tidbits

On Tuesday, I received the great news that I won a $50 gift card to a crepe restaurant called The Roll Up. I never win anything. Never. Ever. So this was so surprising and so cool to me. Around October, The Roll Up had a competition to find new names for some new crepes on their menu. They wanted love-themed names. Blaine & I (mainly Blaine though) came up with a ton of names and submitted them via Facebook. We really had no expectation of winning, even though I thought some of our names were pretty great. I got a Facebook message notifying me that we won and that the name "Nuts for You" was chosen for their peanut butter crepe creation. We love The Roll Up but their crepes are a little pricey for being, well, crepes. But now, we have enough cash to go there until we move at the end of next semester!

On Thursday night, Blaine and I went to our branch's Thanksgiving dinner party with Nina (Matt had a group project to work on at school). We have been attending a Spanish branch since we've moved into our new place. It has been a different experience since it's a branch and it's in Spanish, but we've been enjoying ourselves. The Thanksgiving dinner (or Sanksgiving day cena as our cute branch president says) was a lot nicer than we expected since the majority of the ward is pretty poor, modest, and humble. It was nice to see members come together with their resources, time, and money for this branch activity. Being in the branch helps us practice our Spanish a lot more than we usually would. Having Matt & Nina there was a big incentive for us to go, too. I think we're planning on attending a family English ward once we graduate, but we're enjoying our time in the  Pionero Quinto Rama :)

On Friday at work, we finished our display board. Since we've started working here (Chris, Jocelyn & I were all hired at the same time), we've had a lot of fun designing and putting together this board. This time, we decided to do a Wreck-It Ralph theme. This is probably one of the things I'll miss the most about my job when I graduate (besides my awesome co-workers). We get so into it and it's always a lot of fun. You can't really tell much in this picture, but we tried doing most of the figures pixelated like in the game. I'm dying to see the movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment