Monday, November 19, 2012

Our Weekend

This weekend was tons of fun. Friday after a taking a test that I was really not looking forward to, Nina and I went to watch Breaking Dawn Part II. She had free tickets that her company gave her. We had assigned seating and we went in the afternoon, so we didn't have to worry about getting there super early and tons of people being there. So I'm not crazy about Twilight, but I read all the books and have watched all the movies. When we were first roommates, Nina made fun of me for reading Twilight. A year ago, she read them and was converted. In Utah, I didn't have any Twilight friends to go watch the movies with, so I'd drag Blaine with me. So I was really happy to finally have a girlfriend to watch it with! I really enjoyed the movie. I hated the last book and I thought they did a much better job in the movie, even though they didn't change the plot.


After the movie, we decided to go to dinner at CPK with Matt and Blaine. Blaine and I love CPK. We had a good time with Matt and Nina. We haven't gone to sit-down restaurants with them as much recently since Nina is pregnant, but she's feeling better and did fine at the restaurant. They were so sweet and treated us to dinner, even though we had a gift card to CPK! We have the best of friends.

After dinner, we headed over to the Riverwoods for their lighting Christmas event. We met up with Jessica and Seth Dunham and walked around looking at all the pretty Christmas lights. We went last year and really enjoyed ourselves. This year was just as nice, but there were so many people there that you could barely walk around without bumping into someone! We stayed for a little white and finally headed home.

Saturday morning, I ran another 5k. It was the Cold Turkey Run hosted by Utah County's Health Department. It was free! They gave us a little bag with a bunch of goodies, but they didn't give us a bib! I care about the bib more than anything else. But anyway, the race was fun. I felt good the entire time, ran the whole way, but did worse than my last 5k. When I saw the time, I was so disappointed. I did 34:42. Lame! But oh well. Next time I'll do better. I don't really train to improve my pace/time, which is probably the reason why my times fluctuate so much. I'm going to start training better this week. Caitlin ran this 5k with us and she did great! It was her first 5k in a while. She kept talking to us the whole time and didn't stop. She has the cutest baby girl, a husband who works like crazy, and now has a little aussie-border collie. She found the time to train and run. Go Cait! Kailyn did great too and her knee seems to be doing just fine. 


These are some pictures that they took of us getting to the finish line. They're not great, but they're worth sharing!  



When we were done, we went to the car because it started raining (perfect timing). We decided to wait for the raffle just in case. Cait won BYU football tickets, I won the gift card to The Roll Up earlier in the week, so we all decided it was time for Kailyn to win something. When we left the car to go hear the raffle, we heard Kailyn's name over the speakers right when we were walking up to the podium area. She won a $25 iTunes gift card! So I guess we all had a pretty lucky week. 

Blaine got an iPhone 5 later than afternoon. I'm SO happy. I've been trying to convert him to Apple for some time now, and he finally made the switch. He is loving it. I don't think he'll ever go back :) He also changed his data plan and now we can use the iPhone as a mobile hot spot. I'm actually writing this while we're on the road to Idaho. Love it! 


Saturday night, we went to SLC to watch Disney On Ice at the Energy Solutions Arena with Jocelyn and Alec. We had tons of fun! It was so magical, like all things Disney. Jocelyn is a fellow Disney enthusiast (or Disney cray cray how she likes to call it). We sang along to all the songs like we were kids. I couldn't get great pictures, but this is one of the It's a Small World segment.



With the nearlyweds!
After Disney On Ice, we went to the Cocoa Bean Cafe for some cupcakes. It was delicious (as always). The Cocoa Bean Cafe will forever remind me of Jocelyn. She had a goal last year to try all of the flavors...and she did! I'm glad that we got to go on a double date with Jocelyn and Alec. Jocelyn is a co-worker but she's become a good friend! I'm so glad we ended up working at Off-Campus Hosing together. And I'm so happy that she found her Mr. Right. I hope we can go on more double dates in the future! 

Sunday, we went to church and had lunch at the Stevenons after. They made yummy fondue! It was SO good. We've been meaning to have a fondue night for a while and never have. The cheese fondue was delicious and so was the steak. We were in charge of bringing different sauces to dip the steak pieces in. It was so much fun. We were so full. We will definitely be doing it again soon and maybe have a chocolate dessert fondue, too! 

Sunday for dinner, Mechaella invited us over to her place for her mom's famous taquitos. Now I understand why they're so famous because they were DELICIOUS. We had a great time with Mechaella, Steve, her brother Mario and sister-in-law Kelly. We played Monopoly Deal, Apples to Apples and Catchphrase after dinner. We laughed so much. It was a fun night and a great Sunday. We were fed twice by our friends! We are so lucky to have them in our lives! I wish I would've taken pictures that day! 

2 comments:

  1. We all look so good running through the finish line! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our date was so fun! How could we not do something Disney? ;) I'm glad we're friends too.

    ReplyDelete