Sunday, November 11, 2012

This Week

This week seemed to take forever. Kinda. A lot of things happened, both good, not-so-great and just different.

First things first, Obama was re-elected as President. That's all I'm going to say. I might write more on this later. Still debating whether it's a good idea or not...

I also started doing a Lazy Man Ironman through BYU's Wellness program. I have to complete a regular Ironman by November 30th. I'm already falling behind on the amount of miles I should do each week to complete it, but I'm enjoying it a ton! And I will get it done :)

We bought our flights to Miami on Tuesday. YAY! We're so excited to visit warm and sunny Florida for almost 2 weeks, see family, and spend New Year's with them. It's going to be great. 1 month and 14 days till we take off!

Wednesday, Blaine and I went to the temple to do sealings. This was my first time doing sealings and we had the opportunity to seal some of my great-great-grandparents children to them. I actually met one of the people we sealed. He was my great-grandmother's brother. So it was a really nice experience. After the temple, my mom gave me 7 more names of the children in that family. There were 10 in total! I'm excited to work more on my genealogy.

On Friday, Blaine left to San Clemente California for a final interview with a company called Dealersocket. He has been going to a good amount of interviews this semester, mostly for companies in the west (egh :/). But that's understandable since BYU recruits are usually from the area. Anyway, I dropped him off at the airport early Friday morning. It was a weird feeling. Blaine and I are never away from each other and we haven't been on flights without each other since we've been engaged. I almost felt like crying even though I was super excited for him. Maybe I was jealous that he'd be in sunny California and I'd stay in Utah during a crazy snowstorm. But anyway, I didn't hear from him all day. I took the opportunity to deep clean part of our place (it's crazy how much more time it takes me to clean now that we have a bigger home) and that took up most of my day. He came home around 10:30 PM. I couldn't wait to hear all about his interview.

I told Blaine to take pictures and this is the best he could do :)
Waiting to take off in SLC.
He flew into the tiny Long Beach Airport where he was picked up.
San Clemente was about a 40 minute drive away. 
Meanwhile, Rue and I were dealing with the snow. 
A HUGE branch/limb fell in our backyard from the weight of the snow!
Basically, he got a job offer. He had a blast. He was so worried about this interview and he basically hung out with the founders, CEO, COO, and administration of the company. They played a game of PIG in the company's basketball court (and took 2nd place), ate yummy Thai food at a cool restaurant, and toured the building. He also got to ride in a brand new Range Rover and brand new Mercedes ML 63 AMG. It all sounds really stressful, right? I wish all job interviews were like this. Blaine was in corporate heaven.

So this is all very exciting. But the biggest downside of this job is that it's a traveling consulting position. He'd be gone anywhere from 50 to 75% of the time. Yah. Crazy. So he'd train in California for a week. Then, we could live for 6 months anywhere we want and he'd just fly out from there. And then they'd assign him to a region (most likely) in the northeast. Specifically, they're looking to place people in Philadelphia, Boston and New York City. Philly would be cool cause Blaine's parents are close by. Boston would be cool because Brian and Kim are an hour and 45 minutes away and Boston is just cool. And New York City is New York City. Come on. But really, I'm still not excited about Blaine traveling all the time. No matter how cool a city is, it can't replace Blaine. Also, even though all these cities are happening and I love them, it is no secret that I would move to Florida in a heart beat if we could. So we have some time to think about it. Lots of prayers are needed!

Saturday was a good day. I spent the day cleaning some more and Blaine caught up on homework. It snowed a ton Friday and even more Saturday so we stayed indoors most of the day. At night, we went to Texas Roadhouse with Ryan and Kailyn for dinner. After, we went to Comedy Sportz. It was so much fun. We have only been there once before and it was with the Slaughs. Basically, its an improv show much like Who's Line is it Anyway?. I was laughing the whole time. And when you're laughing all the time, there was no room in my brain to think about anything else. It was such a stress-reliever. My throat, stomach and face hurt from laughing so much. We love hanging out with the Slaughs. It was a great night. We definitely want to go back again soon!

Love these guys!
So that was our week. Now that I look at it, there was a lot more good than bad happen. It's just that a lot of changes will be happening soon and it's crazy scary at times! Anyway. This week looks pretty busy, too. We have some midterms and papers due, but we're also busy with cool date nights and activities planned! We have 5 weeks of school left (4 of classes and finals week). I have to get through this week and then next Monday afternoon, we'll be off to Idaho for Thanksgiving! So technically, one of our school weeks is while we're on vacation. The semester is almost, practically over. Even though I'm doing well in my classes (possibly the best I've done at BYU), I'm tired! But the end is near! Thank goodness!

4 comments:

  1. Tough choice Daylin, traveling positions do come with a nice paycheck, but they also come with a lot of sacrifices. Pray a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough! I'm sure it'd be even tougher if we had kids. Thanks Paola.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the job offer! Change is good! And getting to live in new places would be so much fun! Good luck on your decision! ...also, we need to get our puppies together. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlyn! Yes we do! Rue loves other dogs! Text me and we can plan! If Blaine doesn't work on Saturday, he'll bring her to the 5k :)

      Delete