Saturday, February 25, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Last Sunday, we made one year of being married. I cannot believe that it has been an entire year! It has been a wonderful year - one of the best yet. Every day, I have fallen more in love with Blaine. I am so happy that we decided to be sealed forever. I couldn't have picked a better eternal companion!

This is a picture taken the day before we got married. I loved him so much then,
 I didn't think I could love him any more. Little did I know that it was possible!
We started the day by going to church, as usual. Afterwards, we went over to Matt and Nina's to celebrate Nina's birthday. I will never forget her birthday! We cut a cake and sang her happy birthday. I'm so glad that I came out to BYU and roomed with Nina. She has become one of my best friends and a big support to me. I love you, Nina!

Once we were done, we were on our way to The Castle Creek Inn - the same bed and breakfast that we went to for our honeymoon. We even booked the same, exact room! When we arrived, I was surprised with rose petals and candles all over the room and with some sparkling apple cider. Blaine called in advance and had it all set up for me! It was so sweet. We spent the night writing down 100 memories of our first year together. We included important events that occurred in our families, in the world, and in our personal lives. I want to make this a tradition so that when our minds fail us, we can remember how blessed we've been. We also watched Sleepless in Seattle (I had never seen it!) and ate Pei Wei. We had a wonderful night together.





In the morning, we slept in and had a yummy breakfast. The time had come to check out and we were pretty bummed. Even though we were only 40 minutes away from Provo, it's nice to go away for a little bit and not worry about school and work. Before leaving, we checked the guest book to find what we wrote a year ago...

The first time I signed as Mrs. Dawson :)
I gave my fruit to Blaine, but the pumpkin bread was uh-mazing. 
Everything was so good!
We then headed to Fashion Place mall to do some shopping with gift cards that I got for my birthday. For lunch, we ate at The Cheesecake Factory (thanks to Damaris - she gave us a gift card for our anniversary). We also ate at The Cheesecake Factory the day after we go married, so it was fun to do it all over again. We shared an entree and each had our own cheesecake! Blaine had the Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake and I had the White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake. They were both oh-so-good. It's one of our goals to try every cheesecake on the menu! We were so stuffed.


As our anniversary gift, we decided to buy tickets to the Heat vs. Jazz game. It's this coming Friday. We are so excited to see our favorite basketball team live! It has been a while for me and Blaine has never seen the Heat play.

We've learned a lot in this one year. Even though I feel that we knew each other very well before getting married, there are still so many things to discover and learn together. I love Blaine very much and I'm so happy that I get to spend many more years with him by my side. Thank you, Blaine,  for all that you've done for me, for our little family, and for being an amazing husband. You put a smile on my face everyday! Marrying you has been one of the greatest moments in my life and the most important decision I've made!

I saw this on Pinterest. Every anniversary, you take a picture together holding a picture of your anniversary on the previous year. I thought it was pretty cool! 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and Blaine, wonderful idea about doing this blog. Love, Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you guys!!! Wish you a lifetime of love and happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I just say that your anniversary is the best day of the year? LOL good choice. Love you guys and enjoy the rest of eternity together...

    ReplyDelete