Friday, March 2, 2012

Things I've Made (So Far in 2012)

I have a Cricut, but have barely used it (due to my lack of cartridges). It was my friend, Stephanie's, birthday in January and decided to give her a vinyl to put up on her wall. This was my first one and I was very nervous. But it turned out fine and she really seemed to like it! 


Earlier in January, my stake had a Super Saturday Relief Society Activity. It's a morning full of classes about everything. They had craft classes, cooking classes, home enrichment classes - that type of stuff. It was pretty cool. I went with my friend, Kailyn (thank goodness she's in the ward!) and we ended up going to a felt pillow class. It's a tiny pillow but it was fun to make. It doesn't really match with my apartment, but I do love the color purple! It was fun learning how to make the flower. It was pretty therapeutic. 


Like I mentioned earlier, Nina's birthday was on the day of our anniversary. I didn't know what to get her and finally decided to give her some decorations for her apartment. She had mentioned that she liked The Family: A Proclamation to the World that I had, so I made her one too. I've lost count of how many of these I've made. They're so nice, cheap and easy. I love them so much! 

Aren't they cute? 
So since I practiced my vinyl lettering with Stephanie's gift in January, I gathered up the courage to try making a sign. It really wasn't that hard at all. I'm just a chicken. I'm scared of dimensions, proportions, and having everything centered. I'm not good at measuring things. But it turned out better than I expected.


Now that I feel more confident with the Cricut, I might start investing in more cartridges. I want to make a sign for our apartment about family. Hopefully, I'll get to that soon! 

3 comments:

  1. Love them all, but I especially love the pillow! So cute!! I've seen them all over the internet, but have been way too scared to try one. Yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day, you are so sweet! love you and keep up all the craftiness <3

    ReplyDelete