Saturday, February 25, 2012

My 22nd Birthday!

Last week, I turned 22! Again, it landed on a very busy Thursday. I woke up early to phone calls from family and breakfast with Blaine. I went to work, attended all my classes, and turned in a project. Throughout the day, I was showered with tons of packages, cards and even flowers from friends and family.
Flowers from the Hoffmanns and the Andrades
By the time I was done with my last class, Blaine picked me up and said that he was going to take me out for dinner. It was about 7:00 PM and he made reservations for 8:00 PM. So we went to Costco to kill time and pick up some things that we needed. While we were there, we found a plush moose that was my size. Blaine thinks it's hilarious that his wife is a midget and took a picture of me with it.


Once we were done, we were on our way to a restaurant. I thought Blaine was taking me to The Communal, a restaurant that I've been wanting to try out. Blaine asked to stop at our apartment on the way there to go to the bathroom or something, and I wanted to drop off my book bag and pick up my purse. Little did I know that Blaine was tricking me. When I walked into the apartment, I was surprised by a living room full of friends, screaming "happy birthday!" I was SO surprised! I never thought that Blaine would ever be able to plan a birthday party for me. I was so impressed! There was cake, pizza, a birthday banner, party horns, and a birthday tiara for the birthday girl :) Michele helped Blaine fool me and put everything together. She also made the birthday cake. Nina and Matt were in charge of picking up the pizza. Everybody who came fooled me. They wished me a happy birthday earlier throughout the day, asking if I had any plans. HA. 





It was nice to be surrounded with friends on my birthday. It made me feel so special and loved! A big thanks to everyone who came and for those far away who sent me birthday wishes! It was a great day! 


1 comment: