Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I like football (now that I've married a man who is obsessed). But growing up, I never really watched football and neither did my family. Football isn't really big in Hispanic culture. Blaine doesn't comprehend the fact that I did not watch the Super Bowl every year. Now that I've assimilated to the American obsession of football, I've watched many, many football games (due to our family fantasy league). Even though we didn't necessarily like any of the teams playing this year, we watched the game.

I rooted for the Giants, even though half way through the game I felt bad for the Patriots. They were playing in memory of the owner's wife who passed away earlier this year. So then I wanted the Patriots to win. My loyalty can be easily swayed when there's a good sob story. Anyway, I didn't think the commercials were great this year and I didn't think it was a great game. It was OK. What made it fun was watching it with friends and yummy food! 

We had the Conks, Slaughs, and Bubba Jordan over. Kailyn made a ton of food! She brought a fruit dip with apple slices, sausage dip, and those yummy pretzel-kisses-m&m dessert. I don't think they really have a name. Blaine got ambitious and made finger steaks. They're like chicken fingers, just with steak! We stole the recipe from Aunt Jan. They were so good. I made a cheeseball-like peanut-buttery dip for pretzels and mini spinach bacon pinwheels. They were both random recipes that I found and had never done before. But they were both a hit! I think I'll make them a tradition for the Super Bowl. They were fast, easy to make, and delicious. Also, they were cute :)

I found these cute printables here
This lady does it for every Super Bowl! 




The pictures aren't great and it was all very last minute, but we had a great time. I'm looking forward to next year's season. 
Congrats to the Giants on their win!



No comments:

Post a Comment