Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day Decor

I love Valentine's Day...probably because I associate all the roses, balloons, and teddy bears in the stores with my birthday (it's 2 days after Valentine's Day). I also love it because growing up, I didn't see it as a day that was important because boys liked me or not. My mom and family did a great job at making it a day of love, period. It was a day of love between family and friends. My mom would always give us something small and make these delicious heart-shaped cream cheese brownies. It was always a good day, regardless if I had a boyfriend or not. So in celebration of Valentine's Day, here are some pictures of little apartment decorated for that special day.



The quality of the pictures aren't great, but there you go! I made the heart garland out of felt and yarn. They were really easy, cheap, and fun to make. The rest of the decorations literally cost me a dollar each at the dollar store. I love glass vases. You can put any little seasonal thing in one and it turns into an instant decoration! Another easy and cheap decoration are printables. I have a frame and it always has a seasonal print out. Here are my favorite ones for Valentine's Day. 

I'm excited for this week. Neither one of us have any midterms. Tuesday is Valentine's Day. Thursday is my 22nd birthday and Sunday is our 1-year anniversary! AND we have a long weekend to celebrate it all! I've already received several packages with gifts from family in the mail. The only thing that I'm not excited about is that it finally snowed a lot today. It's going to continue to snow throughout the week :/ But it's OK. I'm glad that the snow has held out this long! 

I'll keep you guys posted with all the celebrations! Have a Happy Valentine's Day! 

2 comments:

  1. love it! your heart garland over the fireplace is so cute!! I hope you had a great v-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are adorable!! You make a beautiful bride :)

    ReplyDelete