Monday, September 12, 2011

Ivan Turns 6

My family is really small. My extended family is basically like my nuclear family. In total, we are 12 (that's including Blaine & Bruce). So every birthday or event is a big one.

Ivan is the baby of the family. Six years ago today, he was born! I can't believe that much time has passed. Being away makes it even harder to believe how much he's grown. Every time I see him, he is much taller, more mature, and is speaking better. Today I was pretty homesick knowing that I would be missing out on another birthday, again. Thanks to technology, I was able to FaceTime and sing "Happy Birthday" to this little man of mine. Ivan is an extremely sweet, smart, funny, grateful, and charismatic kid. I'm so happy that he's a part of my family. Although he's my cousin, I see him more as a nephew.



Since last year, he has been more aware of how awesome birthdays are. It really hit him that it was his special day. Now he's into party planning. Months before his birthday, he tells his mom what theme he wants his birthday party to be. Last year, he had an amazing pirate-themed party which I was actually able to attend. This year he decided he wanted a Super Hero Squad party. The party isn't until the end of September, but it's going to be pretty cute. I think it's so funny that he's into this kind of stuff. He gets so excited talking about his party.

Although I'm not there to celebrate it with him, I just wanted to share a little bit about Ivan.


- He loves super heros, specifically Iron Man.
- His favorite color is blue (& sometimes red).
- He loves Disney World.
- He loves movies and quotes them all the time.
- He loves to dance and listen to music on his iPod.
- He's obsessed with Blaine and is slightly machista. In his world, boys rule and girls drool.
- He's a little bit different from the rest of the fam. His older brother is very Cuban, as are his parents. This little guy is definitely more Americanized - or as we say, gringo. He says phrases that are unheard of in Miami. It's pretty funny.
- He loves to snuggle and give kisses.
- He calls me Pati.
- We call him "yuyo."
- He loves being the center of attention.
- He loves playing baseball.
- He loves his family very much.

Happy birthday to the cutest six year-old out there! 



1 comment:

  1. That last pic of yuyo is awesome! He looks like a little man! Happy birthday yuyo!!!

    ReplyDelete