Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas - Day 2

Half Moon Cay was probably the island that I was least excited to visit. I didn't know much about it, other than it being a privately owned island by Holland America. It was actually a great first port of call. It was a very small island with very little to do other than sit back and relax. We actually had to tender to the island because there was no dock. After all of the sleepless nights and action-packed days, it was nice to just hang out. It was the first time I had been to a beach in the Caribbean in a while. It felt so good. The water was perfect - not too cold and not too hot. It was crazy clear. The scenery was just beautiful. We had a view of the cay with our ship in the background the whole time. On the island, there were hammocks and lounging chairs for our use. Since the island is just used as a port of call, Carnival had it's food there as well. We didn't have to worry about buying food. Again, pretty awesome.


We just kept going back to the water, playing around with Uli and Ivan and taking pictures underwater. We also had this weird game going on where we would try to create a little "tornado" or whirlpool in the water and see how long it would last. I know. Weird. But it was fun. We laughed forever and people were just looking at us like we were crazy. And I can understand them. There were some kids with us but it was mainly 5 adults playing around. I think Papo was the creator of this game. This kid has an imagination.


I wanted to spend the whole day in the water, working on my tan. After a couple of hours, Blaine started complaining that he was getting sunburned. We bought a huge pack of sun block at Costco just for this trip - specifically for my white boy. I would help him reapply every couple of hours. Anyway, that wasn't enough and I took a nap with him under some shade. Blaine was just scared of getting a bad sunburn and being in pain the rest of the week. All of his worrying paid off. He wasn't burned at all the whole trip. I'm afraid he was pretty successful. Blaine barely tanned. He got some color on his skin, but not enough to last till our next date with the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment