Friday, September 23, 2011

Day at Sea - Day 7 (and disembarking...so Day 8)

The last day at sea was nice. Again, all we did was relax. We went to the jacuzzi one more time and enjoyed our last day of unlimited access to food. At night, we stayed up doing the same things we did every night - eating, dancing, arcade-ing, and playing card games. Uli stayed up with us again. This time, he and Bruce played the same little fighting game in the arcade until they beat it. 

Bruce & Uli showing off the credits.
We had to pack and leave everything ready to disembark the next day. We were all not too excited for this. Also, this whole time Damaris and Bruce never found their bag. We looked all over, went to Guest Services everyday, they made flyers and distributed them throughout the ship and nothing. The only thing we could think of at this point is that their bag was stolen. So our plan was to look for it while everybody's luggage was coming out of the beltway. So we woke up really early Sunday morning to try to see if by some miracle we'd find their bag. Damaris and Bruce had V.I.P. (very important pissed-off person) access to getting off the ship so they were one of the first ones out. We looked and looked for a while, and finally decided to give up. We had done all we could do.

So we went to Tia's for the Sunday family get-together experience. We ate yummy food once again and just hung out. I left with Damaris and Blaine to Damaris' apartment to drop off our luggage. While we were there, Damaris opened the door to her room and I just started screaming/laughing nervously/hysterically. Her missing bag was lying on top of her bed. We couldn't stop laughing for a while. We all felt pretty stupid but I'm glad that she didn't lose half her shoes, and that Bruce didn't need to wear the same 2 shirts every other day. This whole disappearing luggage experience made us more aware (or psychotic) about locking our bags, making them identifiable, putting tags on them, and making note of what's in your bag. So, all in all, this was a learning experience. Also, most valuable lesson learned, check all rooms for luggage before you leave your home! In our defense, we had lined up all of our bags in the hallway by the entrance the night before we left. My sister was double-checking everything the following morning and realized that Bruce had packed the wrong suit pants. So Bruce grabbed the bag, went into the room, opened it, packed the right suit pants, and the bag never made it back to the pile of bags to take. With all the rush and excitement, it was left behind. 

Anyway, the cruise was great and mainly because it was time spent with the people I love most. I was pretty sad to leave Miami and my family. When I was saying goodnight to Yuyo and tucking him in bed, he sweetly asked if I was going to pick him up from school tomorrow. I teared up so much. It broke my heart that as much as I wanted to be there to do that, that I couldn't! I explained to him that I was going to visit Blaine's family in Delaware and that I had to go back to Utah for school. He nodded his head a little and was sad but understood. I really didn't want to leave but I was excited to visit the other part of my family in Delaware! Before leaving Miami, we went to Publix (beloved Publix) and I grabbed some Mini Maria cookies to snack on during the plane ride and in Delaware. I don't know when will be the next time that I'm in Miami, since my family will be going to Tennessee this year for our Christmas vacation but I hope it's sooner than later. There's no place like home. I miss it tons already! 

No comments:

Post a Comment