Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day at Sea & Captain's Night - Day 3

Tuesday was a great day. Papo, Bruce, and Blaine played basketball for hours. Damaris and I watched them play for a little bit and took some pretty cool pictures of them. They continued playing while we lounged around. I was able to begin a book that I've been meaning to read for while now. It's titled The Peacegiver by James L. Ferrell. My mom had it at home and I decided to pick it up. It was a short, easy read and really insightful. I usually don't enjoy LDS fiction, but this was good. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We just hang out with everybody and ate (of course). A family favorite on the lunch menu this cruise was the chicken fingers. The chicken fingers were good, but the honey mustard that came with it was what made it the bomb. We also went to the jacuzzi and pool for a little bit. The boys obviously didn't get enough exercise playing basketball and decided to hit the gym with my uncle, Ulises.

Tuesday night was also Captain's Night. This is when all the people on the cruise dress up a little bit nicer than usual. The food is usually a little bit fancier as well. We had yummy lobster. I hadn't eaten lobster in a long time. Blaine was pretty excited and ordered 2 for himself. Personally, my favorite part of the meal every night was the appetizer. I'd always order whichever soup was available (I really like soups). If there wasn't anything on the menu that I liked one night, I'd just order 2 cups of soup. I can eat soup everyday and not get tired of it.






As a family, we always take a picture on Captain's Night. We were all planning on it but then Ulises wasn't feeling great and had to go to bed early. But we still took some professional pictures. I took one with Blaine, one with Papo and Damaris, and then one with all of us and my mom. It was a lot of fun. The thing with taking these pictures is that they always come out nice. On our first 2 cruises, my family went crazy buying all the pictures we took. Carnival is pretty sneaky. They take the pictures, print them out, display them every night, and then once you have it in your hand, how are you not going to buy it? My mom would always shoo away the random photographers asking if we wanted our pictures taken. She said that if she saw pretty pictures of her kids, it was too much of a temptation not to buy them. She's a funny lady.

After dinner, we went to one of the shows on board. It was like a musical of music through the years. I had seen it before the last time I was on the Valor. They need to update their shows! We ended up leaving early and...playing Monopoly Deal. We also went to the arcade and played some games there. Papo and Blaine would've stayed there all night if we didn't drag them out. All in all, it was a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment