Thursday, May 5, 2011

Update

Well, we're 2 weeks into spring semester. Finally, the weather is cooperating. Spring might finally be here. It snowed last Saturday. It made me extremely homesick. It's not supposed to be cold in April! I've been having trouble sleeping just thinking about Florida and my family. Anyway, classes have been going well. I'm really enjoying my golf class. It's Monday through Thursday right after work. I have found it to be surprisingly relaxing and quite a workout. My arms have been sore all week! Blaine says it's cause I've never used those muscles before. Hopefully, I can get good enough to play 18 holes with Blaine.

Working full-time has been really rewarding. Work has gotten extremely busy. I rarely have down time. But I don't mind. I feel that when we work more, we feel more motivated to accomplish other tasks. I have also been waking up earlier, which is something that I struggle with. Blaine and I started actively going to the gym this week. I've missed zumba a ton. It really helps me relax, go to sleep, and it gives me a ton of energy!

For those of you who know me, you know that I have trouble eating fruits. Yes. I don't like fruits...at all. But this week I have had strawberries TWICE. I am very proud of myself. This might sound ridiculous, but this has been a life-long struggle for me. I finally love veggies but now I'm working on the fruits. I made a strawberry parfait for Blaine and decided to try some myself. I layer oats, a little bit of brown sugar, Dannon's Light & Fit vanilla yogurt, and finally top it with chopped strawberries. It is way yummy!

Last weekend we spent some time with the Stevenson's. I went shopping with Nina and the boys joined us at Red Robin for lunch. When we were leaving, we realized that Matt's tire was about to pop. So we followed them to Big Ol' Tires, they dropped off their car, and spent the rest of the day at our apartment. Sunday morning, we had a special Sunday in the Marriott Center. We also picked up Matt & Nina. The church dissolved all "BYU" Married wards and created new Provo Married Student wards. That way, anybody can attend the wards. Leadership hopes to reactivate those in our area that aren't BYU students. I think it's a great idea. Although many changes were made, our ward boundaries stayed the same. 

We have been working on our apartment again. We installed some shelves in our bathroom since we don't have a medicine cabinet. I've never been so grateful for medicine cabinets in my life! Now, we have much more space on our sink countertop. I also spray painted my jewelry organizer to match our bathroom. I've never thought about spraypainting anything because I thought it'd be a waste of money to buy a whole big can for a little project. But I found these super tiny spray paint cans that I absolutely fell in love with! As a small person, I guess I appreciate small things :)

Before
After
Blaine and I finished watching Prison Break about a month ago. So we started 24. Although 24 is great, I still like Prison Break more. I miss it so much! That was the first series that I've ever finished. I highly recommend it! (Matt & Nina are currently hooked). In about 3 weeks, we will be going to San Diego with the Culver family. We are extremely excited! I haven't been to California in 7 years. But I'm even more excited to spend time with family! It makes me less homesick. Home is where family is. Even though I'm homesick, life is great. I'm excited for the summer and the sunshine that comes with it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment