Monday, May 23, 2011

Stores that Don't Exist in Utah

So in exchange for the thousands of temples and an awesome university, Utah stole several stores from my life.

Publix: Neatest and cleanest grocery store out there. Their produce is extremely fresh. Their bakery is amazing as well as their deli. My sister's favorite ice cream cake is from Publix. It's this deliciousness of cookies n' cream and I don't know what else. But it's good. It is a shame that they only exist in Florida - North Carolina. Also, all Publix buildings are cool-looking. Maybe it's all mental cause it reminds me of Florida and I'm just biased. Finally, my grandma shopped there and she cooked amazing. I guess I just associate the greatest food ever with Publix - "Where Shopping is a Pleasure." Literally.

Crate & Barrel: Well for any of you who have been to Crate & Barrel, you would know why I'm so disappointed that Utah doesn't have a single store. It's classic yet modern - they have the perfect combination. One good thing about this store not being in Utah is that they're a little pricey. So I'm glad Ikea is here instead. But I wouldn't mind a Crate & Barrel Outlet! That's the best!

The Container Store: Alrighty. Confession - I'm a neat freak. Sometimes, Blaine thinks that I might have some sort of OCD. I wasn't this bad until we moved into our tiny, 500 sq. ft apartment. Because it is small, I have to have a perfect system in order for everything to fit! If something is out of place, the whole apartment can look like a mess in no time. And no dwelling place of mine is going to be messy! So, I really miss The Container Store. They just have EVERYTHING that you could possibly imagine to be organized. They have these little cord/cable organizers that I'm just obsessed with. I hate cables. Anyway, it's just heaven for anybody who is even slightly interested in organization. I highly recommend it, unless if it will worsen your OCD. Although their online store will suffice for now, it's not the same as actually seeing the products in person. The nearest ones would be Scottsdale, Arizona or San Diego, California. I'll see if I could go to the one in San Diego this weekend!

Zara: Zara is a quality, European clothing store. I was first introduced to it at my favorite mall in the whole world - Aventura Mall. The last time I bought something there was February 2009. My mom and Damaris took me on a little shopping spree for my birthday.

H & M: Well, thank goodness they have one  in Vegas. It's like a quality Forever 21 - cause let's face it. Forever 21 is not quality. Also, Blaine really likes it! And I like how their clothes looks on him too :) The lame thing about my H & M experience is that I came out to BYU before they finished building the one in Miami. So I went to the ones in Orlando, Vegas, Delaware and New York City. I feel that I don't have a store like H & M near. The closest malls to me have like either crappy stores or really high end stuff that, although I love, can't pay the price at this point of my life! So H & M would be perfect in this little college town, but I guess corporate doesn't seem to think so.

Farm Stores: Ok so really, this is called La Vaquita in my book. That's how everybody calls it back home. It's the only drive-thru grocer in South Florida! And, honestly, I've never seen a drive-thru grocer anywhere else. Basically, I grew up going to La Vaquita with my mom whenever she just needed something really fast and didn't feel like going to the grocery store. For example, you're going to make this recipe and realize that you just ran out of eggs. You would just get in your car, drive up, and get some eggs! I must sound like a lazy bum but oh well. This would be great in Utah, especially during the winter! I also have good memories of just passing by and grabbing a Snickers ice cream bar after school with my mom.

Marshalls: This is the store that I'm most upset about. How could a Marshalls not exist in thrifty Utah?!?! Ross and TjMaxx are good, but Marshalls is best! The funny thing is that I could've sworn that there was a Marshalls in Utah and that I had actually gone to one before. The other day, I wanted to go to find a dress and I realized that that was just some crazy illusion in my head. What a disappointment! And the frustrating thing is that there are commercials for Marshalls out here! How torturous! I feel that I always find something good at Marshalls. They have beautiful brand (modest) dresses and church skirts for great prices! My whole family shops at Marshalls and always find amazing deals. Well, not me. CAUSE IT'S NONEXISTENT HERE. Also, the Ross' and TjMaxx's here aren't as good as other ones that I've been too. I always feel that the racks and shelves are empty. Lame.

Well, that was my little rant about stores that I miss and would really like to have in good ol' Provo. If you're in the Provo area, what are some stores that don't exist here that you like?

2 comments:

  1. We're getting a Crate and Barrel and an H&M next year! Both up in Salt Lake, but still. I'm way excited for both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That SERIOUSLY just made my day. I gotta go to you for shopping updates!

    ReplyDelete