Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Update on Life

Today was my official last day of classes! Yay! This semester has been a tough one, due to all the wedding planning and adjustments that come with married life. I'm ready for a fresh start in Spring semester. I'm sure Blaine is too.

Recently Blaine and I were able to attend the two Saturday sessions of the General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our good friends, Matt and Nina Stevenson, also came along. It was so nice to be in the presence and hear the inspired messages of the leaders and prophet of this day. One of my favorite talks was given by Jean A. Stevens, the first counselor in the Primary Presidency. Her talk was about learning from little children and becoming like them. I felt that this was for us specifically. We just got called to be primary teachers in our ward. Although it is a small primary consisting of about 7 children (and 1,000 babies in nursery), I know that we will be able to learn great lessons from these kids. This past Sunday we were sustained and set apart. I cannot wait to start serving those who "are greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3-4).

Work is going. Sometimes it can be boring, but I'm grateful that I work in an environment with little stress that actually allows me to do homework on the job! After finals are over, I will begin working full-time. It will be quite an adjustment, since I'm registered for 2 classes in the spring. One class shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to be taking beginning golf! Accepting that this is one of my hubby's greatest passions in life, I decided to start learning and loving the game. Growing up, I always thought that golf was a ridiculous sport. Now I realize that it requires much patience, dedication, focus, and hard work! Also, I kinda like how it's still an extremely competitive sport, even if it doesn't require physical contact between the players.

On to another sport - basketball. Although I didn't watch the game between the Celtics vs. Heat because it was playing while we were at church, I am so happy that we finally beat the Celtics! I wish I was in Miami to celebrate with my fellow Heat fans and family. The part that I will miss the most about the Playoffs is being in Hialeah, on 49th street, when the Heat win. I'm glad that I was in Miami when LeBron James announced that he was "taking his talents to South Beach." The streets were instantly packed. People were on the sidewalks with Heat paraphernalia, banging pots and pans, and throwing baby powder in the air. You see everybody that you haven't seen in years. Sounds crazy, but it's a lot of fun and a one-of-a-kind experience. It's one of those you-have-to-be-there type of things. Anyway, go Heat!

Well, we are 9 days away from our trip to Steamboat Springs, Colorado! We are so excited! I've never been to Colorado. I've heard that it's absolutely beautiful. Thanks to my awesome in-laws (Stacey & Christopher Culver), we'll be able to take a little break before spring semester starts. Also, Blaine and I just booked an Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Valor. We will be going with my family in August after Damaris' graduation (I'm so proud of her). I haven't been on a cruise since 2008; it has been long overdue. We are so excited for spring and summer and all of the adventures that we'll have. We will also be visiting Delaware for a week! Can't wait for it all!








No comments:

Post a Comment