Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Home Improvement

So here a couple of things that have brought life to our bare, white walls. 


This is our tiny bathroom. The towels were a wedding gift from Blaine's parents. They are Amy Butler. I LOVE them! The only downside is that the bath curtain that we were registered for really didn't match. I still haven't found one that matches perfectly. Our interesting picture of a Boston Terrier on a toilet hides the ugly, gray, and cold-looking electric panel. This was the only bath wall art I found that matched and was big enough to cover the spot. I think it's quite funny. I love it. Finally, I applied our first vinyl ever. It was a lot harder than I expected. After buying this online, I received the wonderful news that Stacey (sister-in-law) is giving me her old Cricut! Now, I'll be able to make my own vinyls! The kitchen is in need of some. 

Next, I had this huge, white space between the living room and kitchen area that was driving me insane. 




After much thought, I decided to put three, black frames up. One with "The Living Christ", another with a picture of us on our wedding day, and then one of "The Family: A Proclamation to the World.




Here's a close up of the family proclamation. I saw this at our cousin, Katie's house. She said that she got it as a wedding present. Since the day I saw it, I've been dying to do one of my own! I did it for my sister, Damaris, when she got married. Now it was my turn! It's super easy. I'm sure most of you have already figured out how to do it. Just in case you haven't, it is just vellum paper over your favorite picture in a cheap frame. Ta-da!



Decorating our apartment is a ton of fun. It's all I ever want to do now. It has come a long ways from when we first moved in...


Scary, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment