Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Glass Slipper Challenge Weekend

This year, Disney introduced a new race to their Princess race weekend. They created this thing called the Glass Slipper Challenge where you run a 10k on Saturday and then do the half on Sunday. Of course its crazy, but we still signed up. I didn't train at all. I hadn't ran more than 3 miles since August :/ But it was still tons of fun. The night before the race, we went to the expo and to Magic Kingdom for their new light show. 


Picking up our packets




I did actually run the 10k and only stopped for like 3 minutes. This was my slowest 10k but I felt good about it. It was a lot of fun. You ran through Epcot's World Showcase and Disney's Boardwalk. It was a lot less crowded than the half. Next year, I think I'll just run the 10k. You get the magic of Disney without the ridiculessness of waiting 30+ minutes for pictures with characters.  And of course, Blaine didn't run even though we all tried really hard to convince him. Maybe next year :) 

Running towards the finish line 


Woody, Little Bo Peep, Little Green woMan :), Jessie and Buzz

After the race, we ate breakfast at Keke's (so good), took a nap and then went to Animal Kingdom, sore and all. It was pretty rainy and the park was decently empty so we got to do most of the rides and even got a picture with Mickey and Minnie. 


Obviously, we were dead tired the next day. But this year's half wasn't as bad as last years. Last year I "cared" about my time and was anxious to finish and didn't really enjoy the Disney aspect of the race. Knowing what to expect, this year we took our time, took pictures with as many characters as we could and had tons of fun. Also, the weather was a bazillion times better than last year. It was extremely hot. This year there was a breeze, some fog and it was just cool, especially for Florida. 

Before we began - I don't even remember being fully awake for this picture
I wish I would've gotten a better picture of my cape. It was beautiful. My mom did a great job on our costumes. 
This was the cutest photo op but the line was crazy long
- like as long as a Disney ride type of line
storming the castle :) 
We were looking down at the photographer there 
With Woody in Frontier Land
Last year, I really wanted to take this picture but didn't want to wait in line. So glad we did this year. 
At the halfway mark they played "Let it Go" 

This crazy basically forced me to run this thing - love her for it. 

Kim got the most attention for her costume. Kids and adults along the sidelines were shouting things like "I like warm hugs too!" or "Don't melt!" at her the entire time.  
19.3 completed!
It was a lot of fun. I really don't think I'll do the half again. But that's what I said last year. Anyway, it was a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. This looks like so much fun! And, Congrats on a great finish! We love you!

    ReplyDelete