Monday, March 10, 2014

Birthday Celebrations

This year, my birthday landed on a Sunday so we had my birthday dinner on Saturday. We went to Cava, a tablao restaurant where they have live flamenco dancers and Spanish singers. It was so much fun. I enjoyed every minute of it. At the end of the dinner, my family surprised me with my birthday gift a day early - a Canon Rebel SL1! I really wasn't expecting it. I've been playing around with it, but I have lots to learn and discover with this new toy! 









The next day, my family surprised me yet again with a surprise party. I was expecting maybe some close friends at my aunt's house for Sunday dinner, but not a full-blown party. My sister spearheaded it all, while my mom helped with decor and my aunt and uncle helped with the food. It was really nice. They served some of my favorite foods and desserts. My sister even had a playlist in the background with my current favorite songs. Every detail truly was perfect. 






Dessert table with my favorite cupcakes from Sweetness Bakeshop, mini arroz con leches, mini flans, cheesecake, cake pops  and my favorite type of cake - Chocolate Turtle.

She's the best!
This guy knew about it the whole time :)




I'm so happy to have these amazing friends in Florida!
Love her
I like to eat all my desserts (literally) with milk. So she had that option available for everyone :)

The churrasco grill master
the trio

The girls in the family - cousins Luisa and Hortensia showed up too!
#thehairflip

I was also showered throughout the month and day with cards, packages, texts and phone calls from amazing friends and family. 

Favorite text! Love them <3

The next day at work, they surprised me with a cake and sang happy birthday.


I think it's safe to say that 24 (I feel old saying it) started off pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment